ossscar: Art is important nicole kidman is not

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, March 23, 2003, 10:26:58 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

DIANE  LANE WAS ROBBED

now im really  fargin angry !!!

Jeremy Blackman

©brad

this was a tough category really. any of the 5 women deserved it. I thought Nicole gave a great, heart felt speech. it's nice to see these people not reading off sheets of paper when they give their speeches.
I don't know, I was rooting for Julianne.  :(

Pedro

YAY.  I'm happy that the Hours was recognized for the amazing acting performances given by the cast of talented women, Kidman especially.

pgr

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanTrue, but so was Charlie Kaufman.
I agree, Charlie should have won..I was looking forward to his speech. I also was hoping Nicolas Cage would win best actor but I kind of new it wasn't going to happen.. the academy sucks!

budgie

Quote from: cbrad4dI don't know, I was rooting for Julianne.  :(

Me too. She has the silliest, sweetest grin. Jeez, anyone but Kidman with her false modesty and nose-wrinkling performances. Crap frock too.*

*tho that's not your colour, Julianne.

Did anyone else notice the heavy fifties influence in frocks this year - all those strapless tops and post-war shades? Mmm... chignons too.

RegularKarate

Quote from: budgie

What?  That's what Joan Rivers was saying too, something about redheads not looking good in green.

I say fuck that, she looked awesome.  The green really brought out something... I don't know what that something was but it really made me want to be sitting next to her during the ceremony.

and it's color- you brits are always adding extra letters

Pedro

That green was perfect on her.  A beautiful color for her in my opinion.  I think it matches the red hair...and it brings out her skin too.  Quite the purty lady she is.

©brad

i didn't know edward norton was banging salma hayek, lucky bastard. julianne would look good in a trash bag far as i'm concerned.

bonanzataz

I'm not gonna drain you completely. You're gonna turn for me, you'll be my slave. You'll live for me. You'll eat bugs because I order it. Because I don't think you're worthy of human blood, you'll feed on the blood of stray dogs. You'll be my foot stool. And at my command, you'll lick the dog shit from my boot heel. Since you'll be my dog, your new name will be "Spot". Welcome to slavery.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

budgie

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: budgie

What?  That's what Joan Rivers was saying too, something about redheads not looking good in green.

I say fuck that, she looked awesome.  The green really brought out something... I don't know what that something was but it really made me want to be sitting next to her during the ceremony.

and it's color- you brits are always adding extra letters

According to the laws of color theory, blue would have complimented her hair better, because 'redhead' is a misnomer for flame-haired beauties. Problem really tho was with her skin, which is too pale and freckly to carry such a strong green. Maybe a more delicate shade, or a fabric that matched the filigree of her earrings (which I personally thought suited tho my friend was saying no) - lace, or a semi-transparent voile? - would have been less overpowering.

I can see why you would like the frock, tho, RK, cause it had a slutty kinda charm with the strapless frilliness and polyester feel, and I just love her anyway, especially the way she kind of sidled drunkenly up to present with a big laugh. God, she should have won.  :yabbse-angry:

Quote from: cbrad4di didn't know edward norton was banging salma hayek, lucky bastard.

Lucky fucking Salma, I say. Best thing about her nomination was getting to gawp at Ed several times over. Is his hair really grey, though, cause every time I see him it's a different color.

©brad

selma had a really pissed off look the entire night. i hate that shit, when nominees sit through the awards and don't even crack a smile like they're better than everything. Come on, you're nominated for an oscar, go get drunk at the free bar and have a laugh.

as for the Julianne colour dispute, I don't know shit about women and color or dresses. What I do know is that Julianne looks painfully gorgeous in this picture.

budgie

Yes! That's the look!

The worst sour-facedness was Zellweger when she was waiting to hear she'd won (haha)... eww. And that dress was disastrous... red on a blonde? Spare me, baby.

RegularKarate

I'm not a fan of the dress in CBrad's picture.

While that smile gets something stirring in the pants region, I really don't like the "beyond cleavage" cut.

I mean Cleavage is great when used properly and I love a woman's stomach.  I think my problem with it has something to do with the seperation of team boob.  I think they just look thier best when they're together.

The Silver Bullet

I just really do not like Renee Zellweger's eyes. What is she? An evil cat plotting something dastardly?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]