Stan Brakhage is dead.

Started by Ghostboy, March 10, 2003, 11:14:22 AM

Ghostboy

There was a story on AICN that Stan Brakhage just died; I know a few people here mentioned they were fans of his. The story also mentioned that Criterion will be releasing a collection of 26 of his films in late May. This may be old news, but I hadn't heard of it yet -- I can't wait for that.

The full story is here: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=14671

polkablues

Stan fucking Brakhage... wow....

One of my professors at Eastern Washington University told us a story one time about how when he was in college, Stan Brakhage came and gave a guest lecture.  Midway through the lecture, he stops suddenly, snorts, and hocks this massive loogey right onto the floor.  Then he continues his lecture.

Strange fellow, Stan Brakhage.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cowboykurtis

stan was my professor in film school. hes an intersting guy. i hadn't t heard that he died. that's horrible. i knew when he was teaching us that he was suffering from cancer of the bladder. where did you hear this information?
...your excuses are your own...

Pwaybloe

Sorry for the late response on this, but I'm still working the XIXAX archives since I've been gone...

Anyway... just wanted to confirm Stan Brakhage died on March 9, 2003 of cancer (according to IMDB.com)

Cowboycurtis: I am assuming you went to film school at the University of Colorado in Boulder.  Were you there when Matt Stone and Trey Parker attended?