There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Pozer

man, this movie lingers with you DAYS AFTER! 

lovelovelovelovelovelove the afterthoughts of this masterpiece!  it is the first film in AGES where you actually feel good saying out loud to others 'it's a masterpiece.'  example of what im trying to get across: 'i saw undertow.  it's a masterpiece.'  in my head: 'did i just say that out loud?  i mean it is, but now he/she's gonna see it and go 'this movie is shite.'   

i didnt even mention that the dialogue is the STRONGEST EVER.  I truly mean this: EVER!  and how HILARIOUS this movie is! 

p.s. stay THE HELL away from imdb.  the main review there has a spoiler that stuck with me and was pissed i knew about it when it came about in the film.  there is also some crap bush/religion bashing film review that has ABSOLUTELY NO MERIT WHATSOEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THINGS THAT HAVE NO MERIT.  i am officially DONE with reading any threads on imdb.

pubrick p.s. youre welcome, buddy.  and i see how it may appear as gearing towards spoilerage but was meant solely as a hype machine. 

p.p.s. wish i couldve at least said hello to ppl like lucid who were there.  whered yall sit?  i was on the side/middle kinda near the front.  paul was RIGHT THERE in front of us.  there wasnt a bad seat in the house, am i right?

p.p.p.s (or is it p.p.s.s?)  did yall say hello to paul afterwards?  what a treat, man.  actually now i remember - i breezed by all of you to do so  :yabbse-wink: 

saw him crossing the street with posse afterwards while waiting for a taxi.  we started to follow to see what bar he might end up at, but it quickly turned into so we moved on.

elpablo

Quote from: pozer on November 08, 2007, 01:56:01 PM
saw him crossing the street with posse afterwards while waiting for a taxi.  we started to follow to see what bar he might end up at, but it quickly turned into so we moved on.

haha the same thing happened with me and herzog the other week.

this movie needs to screen in philadelphia already.

john

Quote from: pozer on November 08, 2007, 01:56:01 PM
man, this movie lingers with you DAYS AFTER! 

Yes!

The next morning, I woke up and the first thought I had was something from the film and the image, the moment, the sound involved with that moment just fucking stuck with me. It was something I'd clearly caught during viewing, but it obviously lodged itself far enough into m brain to stay there and it devoured me all day.

Everyone I've talked to since that would give a shit about this film has had to endure vague ramblings with me trying to emphasize how much of a triumph this film is without really saying anything about it.

I'm kind of glad I can't immediately go back and see this, which I would - many times over. Because there's no way for me to dillute the feelings that still stick with me from it.

I also read that imdb review calling the film anti-Bush and pro-liberal.... man, fuck that guy. That review didn't even warrent enough merit to be offended by.... just like most reviews on imdb, it existed only to take up space. This film is so much bigger, and deeper, and far more true than any political agenda passed into a film could be. Even if it hints at that, it's not concerned with that. It's ultimately so much more than that.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

Can someone who's seen it PM their aim or msn name so I can ask them questions about the ending? Usually I'd ask pete but he's not answering my messages and is probably trying to use his viewing as a way to trick a girl into having sex with him. Despicable. 
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Satcho9

Who else is going to the LA screening?

"The event will be held Thursday, Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theater, 5220 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, Calif.

Admission is free. To RSVP, call (323) 956-1006. Seating is limited. Please arrive early."

modage

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

I THINK WE HAVE CALIFORNIA COVERED!

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: modage on November 09, 2007, 11:29:37 AM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

I THINK WE HAVE CALIFORNIA COVERED!

It fucking sucks. If they don't announce a special screening for Upper Peninsula of Michigan I'll just die.

picolas

theyarelegion

As soon as I saw "FUCK YOU L.A." under the forum I knew it was good! I'll be there. Even if it is in the valley...

Alexandro

Quote from: Fernando on November 06, 2007, 08:47:17 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on November 06, 2007, 06:49:52 AM
i still don't know when it's coming to aus. but rest assured it will be around the same time or later, maybe even after the oscars. it sucks that i'm gonna hav to get my hands on a screener or even the US dvd release itself and spoil it on a small screen if i wanna make through 2008 alive.

IMDb has 1 January 2008, and I don't know why it has that date as in the front page since I'm in México and it should have the Mexican release date, of course as for this moment there isn't a release date for us, but I couldn't care less about it, I'll go to either to Laredo or McAllen Tx. to see it. If Cron or alexandro want to join me they're welcome.  :yabbse-smiley:

Quote from: picolas on November 06, 2007, 03:34:23 AM
feel free to post non-spoiler reviews here, though!

please NOW!

are there good theaters in laredo or mcallen?

Pubrick

The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Anderson and Day-Lewis.

Quote from: picolas on November 09, 2007, 05:17:17 PM
worst marketing ever.

author of curious george getting murdered as the movie was coming out was worst marketing ever.

this spill is hopefully a sign of things to come for LA.

and the excessive west coast love is PTA's way of getting back at NYC for the bedbugs. am i right ppl?
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

I'll be there......Yes, so happy and on my birthday too....what a great gift.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

The worst thing about Magnolia is that it doesn't take place in NYC. That's probably my biggest beef with the flick. 
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.