Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Quote from: Fernando
Good, I only disgree with Obi Wan's ranking, he belongs in the top five, he is a great fighter, he might only lack of malice/rage others have; in a way he is the new Yoda, calm, wise a true Jedi if you ask me.

absolutely, he's the best of the jedi bunch. he carries the whole six episodes, me thinks.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Lucasfilm tentatively plans to debut Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith on DVD on 11/1. This would seem to be corroborated by a report from The Force.net today that indicates an 11/1 DVD release for Episode III, along with a new 3-title box set of the prequel trilogy and a 6-title box set of the complete saga. We can't confirm the box set information at the moment, so take all of the above with a grain of salt until official announcements are made.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

context, context, context.

Stefen

Okay, here it is. I bought a bootleg dvd of episode 3 in the bronx last week and it's pretty much a screener, meaning great quality. I've been spending time with it every day, and im gonna say it. This is the best one, out of all 6, i gave it lots of time to digest. I mean, you remember when you were little and you used to get those spine tingling moments in movies, where it's just the greatest thing you have seen? This movie has that. How can you not get pumped when Mace and the other jedis go to arrest Palpatine, and you know what happens. It's just a great moment in movie watching. Then that's just the beginning. Obi-Wan and Yoda have to brave it all, they are the last. Yoda says to Obi Wan after Obi Wan watches the hologram of Anakin slaughtering baby jedis, "Destroy the sith we must" man, that gets me. These two dudes are the last, it's up to them. You know they are going to fail, but you hope against hope that maybe, just maybe they can pull it off, and they almost do. Obi Wan tells Yoda at that moment "Send me to KILL Palpatine, I can not kill Anakin, he is like my brother" And Yoda says "Strong enough you are not to defeat this sith lord" I mean, Yoda wants him to, you can tell deep down that Yoda knows he isn't even strong enough to defeat Palpatine, seeing as how he wasn't able to tell that Palpatine was the sith lord they had all been looking for, little guy has no time to prepare, but still, he knows it's on himself to defeat Palpatine. Then when Anakin is reunited with Padme on the lava planet, that's it right there. The dialogue to me was spot on. I really felt that Anakin felt what he had done and was doing was right, then Obi-Wan reveals himself, and Anakin chokes the one person he turned to the dark side for, and then says to obi-wan, "You turned her against me!" Man, that doesn't get you? These two guys have to fight to the death. And through all the action, it's nothing but tragic, Anakin is confident, he  knows he can beat Obi-wan, and obi wan knows it too, but he knows hes gotta do what hes gotta do regardless of how hard and heartbreaking it may be to him. Then Yoda enters Palpatines chambers and knocks those guards out with a thrust of the hand, man, that was bad ass. Yoda don't want no part of Palpatine right now, and Palpatine knows it, but Yoda has to handle his business. Yoda exudes confidense, and at that time right before the epic match, Palpatine senses that Yoda has so much anger in him that he just might defeat him, Yoda has more darkside in him than Palpatine might, but Yoda knows how to control it to his advantage. Palpatine doesn't care. He says "Lord vader will become more powerful than either of us" cause he knows there is a chance he may fall. This battle intertwined with the Obi wan Anakin duel is the best. Palpatine hurling those seat things at Yoda and Yoda holding his saber waiting for the time to strike till he loses his saber. Yoda would have dominated Palpatine if he could have held on to his saber. It ends with Yoda making a narrow escape when Bail picks him up, and Yoda says "Into exile I must go, failed I have" That's hearbreaking, cause you know what happend the next 20 so years or whatever. Then back to obi wan and Anakin. These guys are going at it, with Obi saying "Anakin, I have failed you" This is all on Obi wan, he should have trained Anakin harder! He should have let him know!!! Obi wan knows this, and now not only is Obi wans life in danger, but everything around him for the people is in danger also. He must prevail, and he finally does, cutting off Anakins legs and an arm. This hurts Obi Wan more than anything in his life has, he can't even deal the death blow, he is so mad at Anakin, but he loves him so much, he tells him "You were the chosen one!!! It was said you would destroy the sith, not join them!!! Brind balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!!' He then grabs Anakins light sabre cause he knows it will come in use down the line. Anakin has the most heartbreaking look on his face as he's laying there, missing limbs, almost like he knows he fucked up. He doesn't know what else to do, he yells "I HATE YOU!!!" To obi-wan but obi want doesn't buy it. He knows Anakin doesn't hate him,, and at this moment, he realizes that Anakin does have good in him, and instead of dealing the death blow, he says "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you!" Anakin then catches fire, and Obi wan cringes as this happens, but still doesn't deal the death blow, cause he cares about Anakin too much, instead, he leaves him to the power of the force, and so Darth Vader is born. Yoda and Obi-Wan must go into exile now, till the time is right. God, how can you not love this movie? It had bad moments, but it had GREAT moments, we are lucky to have seen it.

Oh yea, spoilers.

Also, Im drunk, but I have wanted to post this all last week. Laugh if you must, I don't care.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

deathnotronic

I got like, 1/3 of a way through that and the lines seriously just started blurring together. Please edit this into digestable paragraphs that fit accordingly to the food pyramid. Thank you.

GG NR20 next time.

Kal

Thats a long post. Can you highlight the important parts (if any) so I dont have to read it all? :)

NEON MERCURY

yo! i liked your post stefen..its from the heart.  w/ soem alcohol too. but its helps expressign easier.  and after seeign this i pretty much agree w/ your opinions except. i like an new hope and jedi more....bu ti like ep. III more than empire.....:ducks:

Stefen

Sorry guys, I started writing, and kept writing, and kept drinking and that came out. My bad.

Anyways, I really do feel that ep III is the best out of the 6. It just has too many cool parts in it for it not to be.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

i just saw a bootleg of this on 34th st, if i'd known the quality was so good i would've gotten it!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

the copy i have is good, its not a handheld. The only problem is it has a timer at the top since it was probably stolen while editing. But it's small and you forget about it after awhile.

Brazoliange

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?Sorry guys, I started writing, and kept writing, and kept drinking and that came out. My bad.

Anyways, I really do feel that ep III is the best out of the 6. It just has too many cool parts in it for it not to be.

I actually thought that post was really good.
Long live the New Flesh

Kal

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?the copy i have is good, its not a handheld. The only problem is it has a timer at the top since it was probably stolen while editing. But it's small and you forget about it after awhile.

I have the same one. It was ok when I wanted to watch it again once, but it annoys me if I want to watch it again... I want a clean copy. They'll be out soon probably.