Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: SHAFTRWhat a disappointment.  I'd say this is better than Phantom Menace but worse than Attack of the Clones.
Phantom Menace < Attack of the Clones? This opinion confuses me.

Yes, I think Phantom Menace is worse than Attack of the Clones.   Now, I have seen Phantom recently and it's been about a year since I saw Clones, so I do need to rewatch it.

I was in denial for a long time in admitting that Phantom wasn't good, now I realize that the only great part is the Duel of Fates saber fight.  The fact that Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar comprise well over 60% of the film really ruins it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Finn

I saw this last night at the midnight screening. I almost fell asleep too somewhere in the middle. I thought it was okay, it got better as it continued. The acting and the writing was pretty weak all the way through I thought. But it has some good special effects and at least the whole Star Wars story totally fits together and makes sense now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Gamblour.

Quote from: pete
Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkI feel asleep. It was like watching intergalactic C-SPAN.

hmm, that's funny, 'cause

Quote from: roger ebertit played like the Republic covered by C-Span

That is really funny cuz I haven't even read that review.

Also, the very beginning got a big laugh "War!"
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkAlso, the very beginning got a big laugh "War!"

I pictured Trey Parker's "March of War" newsreel voice from the South Park movie as I read the crawl.

It's good, exactly what I expected.  I don't hate the prequels with a vengeance; they're the songs you skip over on an album you like... sometimes you listen.

But it figures.  Just when Lucas gets a hang of this directing thing, he's done with Star Wars.  [insert unnecessary complaint about bad dialogue and performances except for Ewan's here]  But the talk of it being better than Hope, Empire or Jedi is ridiculous.

Quote from: Pubrickwinner
portman's face.

Portman's face wasn't even that much of a winner this time around.  She was looking kind of strange towards the beginning.  Did anyone else notice it?  Like maybe she was sick the day they filmed the scene with her and Anakin in their love shack?  I don't even remember what the hell they were talking about because I was trying to figure out what was up with her face.

SiliasRuby

Spoliers
Saw this last night and I am still in awe. It really blew me away. The fight scenes were just amazing. There were a couple of cheesy lines of dialogue that made the actors feel like that they were a B movie but I let that go. It was slightlt sad to see Mace Windu go get killed by the chancelor. I thought it was interesting to see that they killed off so many prominent characters so early in the story for this one such as Count Dooku. When the baby's were born, I thought it was way too quick that she knew what their names would be. The fire burning Anakin's body-fantastic and seemed realistic. There was a part that really got to me that I thought was completely over the top. When Darth learning that he himself killed Padme said "No!!!". That little part made me cringe. Also, Natalie is really purty.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

metroshane

How can he write so crappy on the SW movies, but then American Graffiti is so great?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

metroshane

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: pubrickit's almost as if the other two movies were pointless, all the good stuff happens here.

yes, i agree totally. even Lucas admits in the new EW that of the original outline he made of the story of the WHOLE saga like 30 years ago 60% of it is in Ep III, (with only 20% each per I & II, which means they are pointless filler). he also said there was so much he had left in the outline for this episode he had to cut some stuff out because it would've been even longer (like padme starting the rebel alliance)! to me, after re-watching ep I for the first time in like 5 years the movie is almost completely pointless. it sets up little to nothing that could'nt have been setup in another film. II has a little bit of good information so what I think would've been better is if they had stretched half of II and all of III over the 3 films to have a more continuous spacious (good, believable arcs) trilogy. not this entire lifestory thing. nobody cares about when he was 8. seriously, just give it a mention and move on. we dont need 130 minutes.

Quote from: SHAFTRit's been about a year since I saw Clones, so I do need to rewatch it.

when you do, you'll see that ep III is much MUCH better. you're memory is rosecolored, trust me. and as far as lucas sort of not caring about these characters as much as other writers, i'm inclined to agree with you. its almost like you can see what a 'burden' its been to him not to be able to make his experimental movies and to have to 'finish' this story so he's just kind of been trudging through these prequels to get to the finish line. also evidenced by the EW story where he mentions how he hates to write the scripts and leaves a lot of it to the last minute to work out in the editing. (and how he asked Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg to direct one prequel each but they both passed). he knows the outline of whats to happen (and its brilliant) but figuring out the subtleties of HOW to make this stuff happen is certainly his weak point. he is a genius as an idea man, or special effects pioneer etc. but as a director or writer, he needs some help. or just to pick a project he is more passionate about. not just use the prequels as vehicles to push his ILM artists further.

more later...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02he is a genius as an idea man, or special effects pioneer etc. but as a director or writer, he needs some help. or just to pick a project he is more passionate about. not just use the prequels as vehicles to push his ILM artists further.

I disagree.  He once was a genius, but now I feel he is a middle aged man who is curious about technology.  The result is a man who loves to play with toys and show them off but doesn't really understand how to use them anymore.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

'Revenge of Sith' midnight shows reap about $17 million

While the storm troopers of doubt circled the beleaguered boxoffice of late, the Force was beginning to flex its power as 20th Century Fox's "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" was shattering records out of the gate with an estimated $16.5 million-to-$17 million in receipts from the midnight shows alone, the distributor said Thursday. "We'll be counting the grosses for a while. It's an absolutely remarkable number. It seems like the industry got kickstarted last night at midnight," said Bruce Snyder, president of domestic distribution for Fox. Snyder noted that final numbers will not be available for some time because midnight shows are not usually broken out of a single day's gross at the boxoffice. "Revenge of the Sith" began playing midnight shows in 2,900 theaters in North America at 12:01 a.m. Thursday. Snyder could not give a firm screen count, but noted that it could be significantly higher because of interlocking, the practice of taking one print and showing it on multiple screens within a theater, and the lack of any other films playing midnight shows on Thursday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

watching this movie made me feel like saying, "NAH! BOO!"

get it?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Myxo

This was a great, great film. I am so impressed.

God, after the letdown that was Episode I and II, this is a shocker. How can two movies suck so bad and this one be so terrific? Anyway! There is so much texture and life in this film. Even the dialogue is at least average all the way through and really striking in parts.

Gonna go see this again and will write more soon.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: Pubrickfailed
obi-wan's superman entrance
I actually liked that shot.  There was no motion, no reveal.  Just a simple cut-to.  And when the cut happened, you knew shit was gonna go down.