Banning

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, January 05, 2004, 05:43:32 PM

picolas

i was about to say pretty much the same thing as Mac.

i just think you're totally missing the boat and flat out ignoring information when you can think that any of those guys are gone now because we didn't like their opinions.

JJ, Pantalones and cowXed all had several things in common before the moment of their ban-hammering: they had been making every thread they posted in worse and worse (and not in the delightful thread-ruining way America has come to embrace in the likes of certain unnammable tangent loving non-bad people), they had been discussed and agreed upon by the majority of the admins as a big source of unnecessary trouble over and over, and they had been warned again and again. it was coming, they knew it, and they knew what they were doing.

can you show me the post where the admins "quickly hushed" the debate over jj's ban? i'm pretty sure that it never happened.

Banky

do we have to go through all this shit about the warnings and everything everytime somone is banned?

picolas

Quote from: Brodiedo we have to go through all this shit about the warnings and everything everytime somone is banned?
if someone brings it up, yupper.

RegularKarate

Someone change the damn channel, I'm sick of seeing this one over and over.

This has been explained.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ©brad
and yeah, you are starting shit.

I tried to pussy foot around saying it, and I wasn't trying to start shit.  I know that some people are just way too touchy.  I have to tip-toe through the fucking tulips just to ask a question so that someone doesn't turn it into a joke.

I don't do anything as personal attacks on this board (well, I guess if you consider me "starting shit" then now I am) so I know I won't be banned soon.  At least I shouldn't be.  

I'm just sticking up for those banned that I still enjoy talking to.  I'm sorry I make you guys reexplain yourselves.  So let people throw a few more "Shut ups", "Listen to the admins" and "You remind me of JJ's" out, then explain maybe another 2 or 3 times to me and then lock this.

I'm not trying to blow this up, I'm trying to resolve a matter.  I think some sort of action should be taken as far as speaking out goes, it should be a big deal.  People shouldn't blow off bannings if they cared, and I thought the cow getting banned was abrupt.  I know now there were PM warnings for him, but I still feel, although non-admins have no power other than posting, we have a right to know such events.

It makes it seem Gestapo style to do it that way, in my opinion.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Look, again, it's not my place to say anything, but the bottom line here, I think, is that it's been talked about so many times before. So if you really wanted to know what went down without making a big issue about it publicly, then use the PM button so it doesn't turn into a big discussion amongst members that are not admins (like me).

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Is that to assume that every non-admin dosen't care about what's going on here?  If so, then I'm sorry for this thread.

I just figured there had to be someone else who wondered why, but I guess not.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob
Quote from: ©brad
and yeah, you are starting shit.

It makes it seem Gestapo style to do it that way, in my opinion.
maybe, but i think one purpose is to help prevent public outbursts we've heard a million times before, like this, from happening

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

OK, so maybe Gestapo was a bit far.

I was just feeling a little frustrated, which, I'm very certain you all are with me.  But that's the nature of things, I suppose.

RegularKarate

are you serious?

do you actually believe that everyone else feels "frustrated" with the admin, but are scared to say so?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

How would you know any more or any less than I would on that topic?

EDIT: I didn't say everyone, I said if there was anyone else.

pete

It really seems like Walrus here is simply asking a question and he's trying to be as polite about it as he can.  He seems to be antagonized rather quickly, and, despite the numerous times he's stated that he's not trying to start anything, several posters keep on accusing him of doing just that.  If you wanna defend the admins, fine, but stop alienating the boy.
Oh yeah, I didn't like cows and do not know the story of his getting banned (and don't really care to), but I do miss JJ.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MrBurgerKing

I think TheCow was banned because of the mad cow disease scare! Or I should say the 'mad cow disease scare.' I've been constantly bombarded with warnings from friends and family because they know about my tendencies to eat the red meat from fast food chains a few times a week. They're worried that maybe I'll get some sort of cholesterol disease, or mad cow disease, or suicidal thoughts. I'm willing to take the risk though.. If those same pricks are willing to take the risk smoking a pack a day, or drinking, that's their business. They're taking that risk, and I'm taking this risk: eating a frame-broiled whopper with cheese.. if I die, so be it.

pete

I only eat at fastfood restaurants that PETA has protested against or has had the recent mad cow disease scare...'cause that way I KNOW they're using real beef.  They'd never protest against American middle school cafeterias or the prison.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Quote from: peteIt really seems like Walrus here is simply asking a question and he's trying to be as polite about it as he can.  He seems to be antagonized rather quickly, and, despite the numerous times he's stated that he's not trying to start anything, several posters keep on accusing him of doing just that.  If you wanna defend the admins, fine, but stop alienating the boy.
Yes, he's being polite but I think it's the fact that this has been brought up several times before in threads that have went out of hand and as a result, have been locked for it. Look em up, guys. They're there. So attacked quickly? Yeah, you're not surprised about that. The admins have went through a lot of shit to try to make this site a better place for guys like me who don't want to put up with the shit disturbers. Walrus is NOT a shit disturber but to bring up something and say "Is that to assume that every non-admin dosen't care about what's going on here?" Well, have you seen any other threads being made about this? I didn't see one. Redirect me if I'm wrong, of course. Only you brought it up and nobody has said "God damn, I miss that funny cow! Where's those Bozo pictures that I miss?" He was an asshole. So if anybody wanted to speak up about him, isn't it fair to just PM and get some sort of confirmation or whatever? Why do the admins have to announce when some troublemaker is banned? Why can't we just talk about World Idols and things we try to agree on instead of this again. And again. And again.

This is my take on it, but if you still feel it REALLY should've been a post to rehash issues like this for everyone, then to each his own, I guess.