Save the Date Video

Started by polkablues, July 09, 2011, 11:29:57 AM

polkablues

So my fiancee and I are getting married next year, as fiances are wont to do, so we made this video as our save the date.  It was shot on the Canon 60D, tracked with Mocha, composited in After Effects.  Approximately 40 man-hours to complete. 

Please watch at highest possible resolution.

My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

CONGRATULATIONS!

And the video is fantastic. Great work!

ElPandaRoyal

Very nice, dude. And congratulations, of course.
Si

polkablues

Thanks, guys.  :yabbse-smiley: Appreciate the kind words.

pete

that was great. one day I'll steal that idea for a music video.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

Congratulations! Video looks really good. Wife is now asking why I couldn't have done something like that for us. So thanks for that. Does Paris have a special significance for you since that's where you're choosing to get married?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Haha, sorry about that.

Paris is her favorite city. She traveled there twice as a student, and has talked about living there for a year or two at some point down the line. I've never been, but I love Europe, so I'm really looking forward to it. We're renting a vacation apartment right across the Seine from Notre Dame.

matt35mm

Swanky!

Don't forget to go to the Shakespeare & Co. Bookshop in that area, which is where the first scene of Before Sunset takes place. Actually, it's just fun to generally pretend that you've fallen into that movie.

Apparently the bookstore is also featured in Midnight in Paris, but I haven't seen that.

RegularKarate

Great video and congrats! 

OrHowILearnedTo

Neat Idea, and congrats man!

Pubrick

Cute.

Anyone here invited apart from me?
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I don't want to go and make any sort of social faux pas by saying who's invited and who isn't.  Suffice to say, if anyone here is going to be in Paris between May 19th and 24th of next year, let me know, and I'll meet up and buy them a drink.  Brush up on your French in the meantime.  Unless you're one of the people here who already speaks fluent French, in which case, keep up the good work.

Ravi

Congratulations! Very happy for you! Cool video!