emoticons

Started by ono, November 21, 2004, 06:46:19 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: reinhold on December 23, 2007, 11:57:23 PM
no, that would be an image of a smiley for a few frames on film, essentially making this statement if you buy into semiotics, "here (there) is a smiley face"

which is different from using elements of punctuation: cuts, dissolves, wipes, beats, color mattes, or tones with duration. the idea isn't to use images... it's to use what editors put between images to help separate or inflect clauses, just as we use the punctuation with which we make usual emoticons.

whatever course you just started, DROP OUT NOW.
under the paving stones.

md

Quote from: Pubrick on December 24, 2007, 09:46:15 AM
Quote from: reinhold on December 23, 2007, 11:57:23 PM
no, that would be an image of a smiley for a few frames on film, essentially making this statement if you buy into semiotics, "here (there) is a smiley face"

which is different from using elements of punctuation: cuts, dissolves, wipes, beats, color mattes, or tones with duration. the idea isn't to use images... it's to use what editors put between images to help separate or inflect clauses, just as we use the punctuation with which we make usual emoticons.

whatever course you just started, DROP OUT NOW.
lol  :yabbse-grin:
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Reinhold

relax, xixax. isn't this the place for idle chatter?

jeeeeeez.  wash in. cut to red for eight frames. bars and tone for two seconds. cut to red for three frames. fade out for 49 frames.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

"wash in"?

oh god, you're gonna make Tarnation look like citizen fucking kane.
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

:oops:

to clarify, none of this crap would ever make it into any of my work.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Chest Rockwell

Ah whatever, don't let these guys pressure you into dumping a concept you had. At this stage you should be experimenting and then when you inevitably realize how dumb an idea is you move on.