saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

elpablo

the chronicles of narnia rap was hilarious and you could definitely tell it was by the lonely island dudes. i'm glad they're aboard now.

meatball

It was the alien planet skit that felt like a ripoff to me. Since it's their material from the Awesometown pilot, I know it's not totally a rip off. Still, I don't like seeing them rehash it for SNL. Jorm played Jack Black's role as the human, and I think he did a better job at it.

I really wish Jorm was picked as a castmember over Andy, who seems like a hammy, shaggy Jason Biggs.

I'm so, so happy they're cutting down on the political and show business skits. Those got old fast, and Maya Rudolph and Darrell Hammond can only do so much.

polkablues

Quote from: meatball on December 18, 2005, 02:21:45 PM
I really wish Jorm was picked as a castmember over Andy, who seems like a hammy, shaggy Jason Biggs.

I was convinced that Andy Samberg was a waste of space until I saw the "Lazy Sunday" video.  Then all was forgiven.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

that rap was amazing. nice aaron burr reference.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Damned if I'm not susceptible to advertising suggestions.  Thanks to Lazy Sunday, I made a special trip downtown to the Magnolia Bakery after work today to get some cupcakes, which I do in fact love like McAdams loves Gosling.

But I'm lamenting a missed opportunity.  The cupcakes had Santas and snowmen on them but the place was so crowded, I didn't have an employee in speaking range to innocently ask if they made those for the Christmas.

modage

Quote from: modage on December 11, 2005, 11:56:20 AM
THE FUNNIEST sketch on SNL last night with Alec Baldwin doing a dead-on version of his Glengary Glen Ross speech to a bunch of elves in santas workshop.  he even goofs and says "Always Be Closing" instead of "Always Be Cobbling".  i hope this pops up online, because it is so AWESOME it makes up for the whole lackluster season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=b1V3pb3hnRY&search=baldwin
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

Quote from: Gamblour on December 18, 2005, 10:02:12 PM
that rap was amazing. nice aaron burr reference.

that's what sold me.  priceless. 

and this you tube thing seems pretty great. 

Gamblour.

mr. pibb + red vines = CRAZY DELICIOUS
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't want to turn this into a quote Lazy Sunday page, but I nearly lost it (for the second time, see the following sentence) at the Crazy Delicious! part.  I, however, did lose it at 'SNACK ATTACK MOTHER FUCKER!'

Girl acts like she ain't never seen a 10 before.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Tonight's episode was terrible.  The sketches were mostly mediocre, with the Carol one being downright annoying.  I'm assuming this is a recurring character, since I haven't watched more than one sketch of an episode in a long time.  Putting Horatio Sanz in a dress and makeup and having him act slutty and obnoxious is not funny.  Putting him in anything isn't that funny, really.  Sarsgaard kept reading the cue cards, though that's not really SNL's fault. 

I thought the Chronicles of Narnia rap might have indicated an upswing in the quality of the writing.  Either the rap was a gem amidst a pot of dirt or this episode was not representative of the overall quality of the show.

Baby Hair Plugs would have been funnier than Baby Toupees.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: Ravi on January 22, 2006, 12:34:00 AMI thought the Chronicles of Narnia rap might have indicated an upswing in the quality of the writing.  Either the rap was a gem amidst a pot of dirt or this episode was not representative of the overall quality of the show.
That's all Parnell.  He's done raps before on the show, but they were always WU segments and always about the hot chick who was hosting.  Great stuff. 

picolas

it's more samberg and the lonely island people. check their pilot "awesometown" for another sketch featuring the same sort of premise, "just two guyz."

JG

Don't you think NBC/SNL is using the awesomeness of that rap to expose the show to the max?  I mean I opend up the internet and on the comcast homepage there was a link to it.  maybe it was another browser, doesn't matter, though.  it was offered free on Itunes.  on a commercial to advertise a new episode, they referenced it.  it seesms like they're doing their best to say, "hey look!  we still can be funny!" 

everyone i know is talking about it.  but damnit, that aaron burr reference is so huge. 

Ravi

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on January 22, 2006, 08:14:04 PM
Quote from: Ravi on January 22, 2006, 12:34:00 AMI thought the Chronicles of Narnia rap might have indicated an upswing in the quality of the writing.  Either the rap was a gem amidst a pot of dirt or this episode was not representative of the overall quality of the show.
That's all Parnell.  He's done raps before on the show, but they were always WU segments and always about the hot chick who was hosting.  Great stuff. 

I forgot about that.  I think I saw only one or two.  They were pretty funny.

Quote from: picolas on January 22, 2006, 08:42:16 PM
it's more samberg and the lonely island people. check their pilot "awesometown" for another sketch featuring the same sort of premise, "just two guyz."

I'll check it out.