6 freakin DVDS for Kill Bill????

Started by El Scorchoz, April 21, 2004, 03:14:44 PM

El Scorchoz

OK, I get the bare bones, then special edition packages but 6 freaking dvds?!?!?!? Man, those fuckers are greedy.

This was in the Times yesterday:

But that does not mean the studios do not wring every cent from each movie. Miramax is planning to release a half-dozen different DVD editions related to "Kill Bill."

"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands, chief operating officer at Miramax. " `Vol. 1' goes out, `Vol. 2' goes out, then `Vol. 1 Special Edition,' `Vol. 2 Special Edition,' the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple. And you multiply this internationally." Mr. Tarantino has also cut an alternate version of the movie for Japan.
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

Alethia

ill get the special editions and the two pack, but i aint gettin the tarantino collection

modage

Quote from: El Scorchoz"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands, chief operating officer at Miramax. " `Vol. 1' goes out, `Vol. 2' goes out, then `Vol. 1 Special Edition,' `Vol. 2 Special Edition,' the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple. And you multiply this internationally." Mr. Tarantino has also cut an alternate version of the movie for Japan.
ahh, its clear that Rick Sands is the devil. and i wish him an terminal illness in the near future.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Derek237

This is just......disgusting.....

Holy shit. That's just overboard.
it's not an attitude problem, it's a survival technique

cine

Quote from: El Scorchoz"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands, chief operating officer at Miramax. " `Vol. 1' goes out, `Vol. 2' goes out, then `Vol. 1 Special Edition,' `Vol. 2 Special Edition,' the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple. And you multiply this internationally." Mr. Tarantino has also cut an alternate version of the movie for Japan.
Note to Rick Sands: Don't talk publicly ever again. This candidness isn't going to get you a fan base.

LostEraser

So which dvd should I buy?? Are the Special Editions going to be the definitive versions like the PF, JB, and RD ones? Is the two pack going to have a special 3rd or 4th disc with even more extras? And what is the Tarantino Collection going to consist of??

...oh lord, I'm confused.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

ono

Quote from: LostEraserSo which dvd should I buy??
All of them.  It's the will of Good Rick Sands.  Duh!  :roll: