PTA vs Fincher

Started by meatball, October 18, 2003, 05:35:36 PM

cine

Um I begged to see the picture way back when you told everyone about it. So this was well over a year ago. Felt now was a good time to remind you that we STILL haven't seen that picture. Would be nice..

(plus, Ono asked how old you were and you didn't tell him.. which isn't fair since you asked him and he told you.)

cowboykurtis

i can still show you that polaroid -- if you're interested. i just need to scan it somewhere.
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

Quote from: cinephile
(plus, Ono asked how old you were and you didn't tell him.. which isn't fair since you asked him and he told you.)

how old is he? i never knew.

ono

I replied in the Closer thread.  You quoted my whole review and asked me how old I was (kind of rude, without a point, but that's beside the point).

cowboykurtis

Quote from: wantautopia?Iyou  asked me how old I was (kind of rude, without a point, but that's beside the point).

i dont feel that it was rude or without a point. i personally thought closer worked on all levels -- one of mmy favorites of the year -- I feel that if one has been in love the movie should communicate to that individual -- your criticism of the film made me think " if he didn't respond to this movie, maybe he's never been in love before." the reason for asking your age was to support or explain or confirm or deny my theory.

MacGuffin

Quote from: wantautopia?There's a reason the Fincher forum was replaced.  All I'm saying.

Well, at this point, neither of them are making films. But at least PTA's forum receives traffic.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: cowboykurtisso, how old are you?
Look in the Closer thread.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: wantautopia?There's a reason the Fincher forum was replaced.  All I'm saying.

Well, at this point, neither of them are making films. But at least PTA's forum receives traffic.

excuse me, fincher doesn't make FILMS he makes movies -- theres a BIG difference bub!

private witt

has anyone heard fincher talk about his distinction between His films and His movies?  he see's the difference. and he knows FC and 7 are the former and the rest are the latter.  I'll hold out twenty years for the real (directors) cut of Alien three for the final word there.  It seems like a lot of people here have a lot of shit between each other.  Almost like their assesment of film is so easily shaken that they experience cognitive disonance, whereby new information causes them emotional harm instead of logically casusing them to re-assess what they origionally thought.  We're all smart.  We all agree on 99.999% of this shit.  This is why the Republicans always win.  They never in-fight in public.  They let us on the left use up all our energy fighting amongst ourselves.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisexcuse me, fincher doesn't make FILMS he makes movies -- theres a BIG difference bub!

The only thing he's making now is commercials, pal!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

private witt

yo, that vexes the shit out of me!  I love fincher but commercials! they're even called what they are.  even CHRIS CUNNINGHAM makes commercials!  is it the system of the artists?  does everyone have a price?  not everyone can be Ryan Phillippe...
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: private wittyo, that vexes the shit out of me!  I love fincher but commercials! they're even called what they are.  even CHRIS CUNNINGHAM makes commercials!  is it the system of the artists?  does everyone have a price?  not everyone can be Ryan Phillippe...

give peace a chance

private witt

Okay.  So.  Just we're all on the same page...we've all seen Peter Davis's 'Hearts and Minds', right?  

I actually live on Westmoreland Ave. if you can beleive it.  The irony kills me every day.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every [bottle]rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."   -President Dwight D. Eisenhower