the best anti-war songs

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 15, 2003, 06:51:27 PM

For a Jazzy anti-war song...

Swiss Movement -- Compared to What
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

godardian

"Step Aside" and "Combat Rock" - Sleater-Kinney

Two very current anti-war songs, as it turned out (they were on One Beat, released late last year).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fortunate Son - (I forget...)
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Boom! - SOAD
War - SOAD
P.L.U.C.K. - SOAD
911 For Peace - Anti-Flag

Just to name a few off the top of my head...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

moonshiner

the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one