ELO

Started by Satcho9, February 09, 2003, 09:33:10 PM

Satcho9

Electric Lights Orchestra....anything short of great?

RegularKarate

I dig ELO, but they're kind of hit or miss.

They have some brilliant songs, but they put out a lot of shit too.

Raikus

I looked for (what turned out to be) "Fire and Water" for about 3 months. I kept hearing it and didn't know what the song was--it drove me crazy. Finally someone suggested ELO and sure enough, that was it.

But still, very hit and miss.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Satcho9

Quote from: RegularKarateI dig ELO, but they're kind of hit or miss.

They have some brilliant songs, but they put out a lot of shit too.

Very true...

Jeremy Blackman

"Evil Woman" gets old really fast, but "Living Thing" (maybe because of its Boogie Nights connection) I will always love.

Rudie Obias

one word:  xanadu

believe it or not but i actually like this movie!!

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

neatahwanta

On the Third Day....still classic.  Jeff Lynne did a lot of interesting stuff early on...although his work w/ the Traveling Wilburys was also fairly good.

MacGuffin

Quote from: neatahwantaJeff Lynne did a lot of interesting stuff early on...although his work w/ the Traveling Wilburys was also fairly good.

And yet his hair and glasses have never changed through the years.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Hell yeah I love ELO. They are definitely geniuses of music. "Mr Blue Sky" and "Helpless" are 2 of the best songs ever, 2 of their many classics really. Fucking "Livin' Thing" is great too. I love them. Really though, listen to "Helpless" if you haven't already. I think it's one of their less popular songs, the chorus is so fucking cool.  "Telephone Line" is awesome too. They have so many sweet songs..."Don't Walk Away", "Tightrope", "Need Her Love", "The Diary of Horace Wimp", "Midnight Blue", "Showdown". Listen to any of those songs and tell me ELO doesn't rock, just try it.