Beatles or Rollingstones

Started by moonshiner, September 11, 2003, 09:14:36 AM

moonshiner

an enigmatic character once said that every band fell into a category, Beatles or Rollingstones? with argument structure defined, i'll start

Radiohead=Beatles
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

SoNowThen

Vines
Black Crowes            = Rolling Stones
Ryan Adams
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SoNowThen

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeElvis = Rolling Stones

no

Chuck Berry + Muddy Waters = Rolling Stones
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: moonshineran enigmatic character once said that every band fell into a category, Beatles or Rollingstones? with argument structure defined, i'll start

Well, I don't agree with this guy!

Dirk

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: moonshineran enigmatic character once said that every band fell into a category, Beatles or Rollingstones? with argument structure defined, i'll start

Well, I don't agree with this guy!

Yeah, that dude is whack.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Radiohead=Beatles

apples and oranges

but the stones lasted a few more years, i would say after exile they were pretty much done, but they still had a few great moments in between sad moments

Quote from: SoNowThen

no

those two and motown and you got the stones they would take motown licks right and left and cover motown songs all the time, under my thumb was a out and out motown rip off not the lyrics the music

but your right

moonshiner

sigur ros = beatles

white stripes = rollingstones
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

SoNowThen

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: SoNowThen

no

those two and motown and you got the stones they would take motown licks right and left and cover motown songs all the time, under my thumb was a out and out motown rip off not the lyrics the music

but your right

You're right, my mathematician friend, I shall now provide the ultimate formula:

Chuck Berry + Muddy Waters
_________________________                        = Stones

The Temptations

moonshiner

don't think of this analogy as a direct comparison, Beatles or Rollingstones, to me it's thought-out pop experimentation vs. raw rock 'n roll.

JC, no not that one

Quote from: moonshiner

white stripes = rollingstones

::Looks for pistol:: what the fuck did you say

jack white is a kid who learned about the blues from indie rockers in the 90's,  he just so happens to have more talent then jon spencer, but thats who he learned about the blues from

but the stones ???? are you kidding me some of his new shit sounds like led zep with out jimmy page and bonam just robert plant

the wu tang clan plus the charlie daniels band plus brian adams plus  chuck norris = jack johnson

SoNowThen

please minus brian adams from the jack johnson equation

brian adams...
*shudders*
another "proud" Canadian addition to the world

phil marlowe

Quote from: SoNowThenplease minus brian adams from the jack johnson equation

brian adams...
*shudders*
another "proud" Canadian addition to the world
HEY BRYAN ADAMS IS MY CHILDHOOD HERO