PDL OSCAR CHANCES

Started by Tommy Both, January 13, 2003, 04:11:15 PM

Tommy Both

Just wondering 'cause I haven't seen the flick yet, so curious what y'all thought was the 'best aspect' of this movie; and that's the MOST worthy to take home an Oscar (nomination)? The thing in its entire, the man himself, the music, the script-for those who know it , cause they read the shootingscript thingie-, Adam, Phil Hoffman, etc... ? WHO WOULD YOU PICK FIRST?

sphinx

i highly doubt it will get a picture nod...for the same reason magnolia didn't.

Satcho9

PTA deserves director, but I have to say Jon Brion has a good chance for the music. Very original, very good.

Cecil

Quote from: sphinxi highly doubt it will get a picture nod...for the same reason magnolia didn't.

oh you mean because the film is actually good?

fuck the oscars.

Duck Sauce

sphinx

Quote from: cecil b. dementedoh you mean because the film is actually good?

cheers

Gold Trumpet

Movie is a love letter for Adam Sandler so I chose best actor to Sandler.

~rougerum

Travis Bickle

Redlum

...there is the Spielberg interest.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

budgie

Director. Sandler's performance is wonderful, but is only made possible by PTA's vision. The score second, although really it's the sound as a whole, and again that's part of the overall concept, so I still say PTA. The screenplay is like a skeleton in this particular case, I think, although I wouldn't be surprised if a nomination for that is used as a kind of covert (but ultimately insulting) recognition of PTA's ability.

But anyway, who gives a fuck? The Oscars are just an amusing way for a lot of insecure people to help each other through another paranoid year. God Bless Em.

Girlonthemoon

Budgie, I couldn't have said it better myself!
Hud at ya blades...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GirlonthemoonBudgie, I couldn't have said it better myself!

XIXAX is now CHICK CENTRAL!!!!

Xixax

Yeah. Chixx dig message boards.

Wraaaaaaaaaaa...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

neatahwanta

Girlonthemoon

But this ain't any old message board....

Why do you have to be a guy to appreciate the works of PTA?
Hud at ya blades...