Inception

Started by modage, August 24, 2009, 10:21:41 AM

modage

Directed/Written by: Christopher Nolan
Summer 2010

Teaser: http://bit.ly/1vEXi1

:shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

yeah, first link didn't work but yahoo neither does work good (for me), so:

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/08/24/Teaser-trailer-for-Chris-Nolans-scifi-thriller-INCEPTION

this looks great, im officially intrigued/looking forward to it

RegularKarate

This looks great.  What a way to use the perfect amount of almost nothing to make me dying to see it.

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 24, 2009, 12:47:52 PM
This looks great.  What a way to use the perfect amount of almost nothing to make me dying to see it.
exactly.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

Quote from: modage on August 24, 2009, 01:00:07 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on August 24, 2009, 12:47:52 PM
exactly.
yeah.

my only weird thing - when it says "Your mind.. Is the scene of the crime." i can't not think of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Gamblour.

Looks fucking cool. I would like to see how they got them to float in the air, it doesn't look like wire work. Maybe a gimbal? Anyway, can't wait for another great film from Nolan.
WWPTAD?

Neil

maybe some kind of rotating room, i'm not sure, looks interesting. 

Picolas, that "your mind is the scene of the crime" is just something i laugh at when see, i completely agree.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

picolas

Quote from: Gamblour. on August 25, 2009, 08:38:24 AM
Looks fucking cool. I would like to see how they got them to float in the air, it doesn't look like wire work. Maybe a gimbal? Anyway, can't wait for another great film from Nolan.
i'm sure it's a combination of gimbal + wires.

Gamblour.

Quote from: picolas on August 25, 2009, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: Gamblour. on August 25, 2009, 08:38:24 AM
i'm sure it's a combination of gimbal + wires.

And computers, don't forget them computers. You're probably right, it looks cool as fuck.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

More hints about Dark Knight director's secret sci-fi film
Source: SciFi Wire

We don't want to spoil Inception, the upcoming top-secret sci-fi film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by The Dark Knight helmer Christopher Nolan. Until recently we'd had only Nolan's vague description and an opaque teaser trailer, but we've learned a few things from Talulah Riley, who is credited only as "Blonde" in the cast list.

Speaking to us in London today, where she is promoting Pirate Radio, Riley said her scenes involve the altered physics hinted at in the teaser trailer. The teaser shows two men fighting in a hallway that shifts around, making its occupants float. It appears that this scene happens inside the mind of DiCaprio's character.

"I got tilted," Riley said in a group interview. "I was in the big hangars in Bedfordshire. They built sets."

Riley said she still longs to do a real action role. "I'd like to do something action-y and actually get to do the action rather than be the girl looking at the action," she said.

Riley added that her scenes also included stars DiCaprio, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy and Ken Watanabe. Neither Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon Levitt nor Marion Cotillard have a "blonde" fetish with Riley.

Described as a blackmail thriller with sci-fi undertones, the script for Inception has been kept under wraps. Riley only received sides for her scenes, creating a mind-bending acting exercise.

"Really, truly, I have no idea what goes on in the film whatsoever," she said. "I really don't even know what was going on in my own scenes. I don't know who any of the other characters are. I think it's fun. Obviously when there's an awesome director, you just do what you need to do."

Nolan's set required a different mindset for Riley too. The British films she has worked on seemed like anarchy next to Nolan's carefully orchestrated set. "It was the most business-like set I've ever been on," she said. "Everyone was really efficient. It's completely different, just the atmosphere on set is completely different, because it's not a comedy, obviously."

Inception opens July 16, 2010.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

http://thisman.org/

i'm convinced this is BRILLIANT viral marketing for inception. it's too fucking freaky to be real. i also think part of the premise for the movie lies in this part of the site:

DREAM SURFER THEORY
It is the most interesting theory and the one that has the greatest implications, but it has also the lowest scientific credibility. According to this theory this man is a real person, who can enter people's dreams by means of specific psychological skills. Some believe that in real life this man looks like the man in the dreams. Others think that the man in the dreams looks completely different from his real life counterpart. Some people seem to believe that behind this man there is a mental conditioning plan developed by a major corporation.

so basically it's like a nightmare on elm street, but with science/corporate crime. AWESOME.

Gamblour.

How did you find this site?

Edit:
Nevermind, I see it's getting talked about a bit on the 'net. It's really creepy.
WWPTAD?

squints

man i hope you're right because reading through that site and watching the trailer again has skyrocketed my excitement for this flick

oh...and: http://thisshaq.org/
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Interesting theory, Pic.

I've always felt that site was some kind of viral marketing (that or just a "fun" site someone decided to make).  The idea is kind of creepy, but the creepiest part is that picture.  I could see either Ken Watanabe or Cillian Murphy playing that guy.  That's the beauty of that composite drawing.  It's just generic enough to not look like a real person.