Best movie soundtracks

Started by joke08, February 21, 2003, 02:22:56 PM

joke08

old school like Angus, some good songs on that one, like greenday and ash and the goops i think.
also:

The Crow
Pulp Fiction
Almost Famous (my friend's choice, i can't remember it)
Magnolia

I can't really think right now.
But this was all before a soundtrack was like TRL part two.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

sphinx

philidelphia has a great soundtrack

MacGuffin

A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Lost Highway
Natural Born Killers
The Crow
Heat
Boogie Nights 1 & 2
Magnolia
Trainspotting
Requiem For A Dream
Peter Gabriel - Passion (Last Temptation Of Christ)
American Graffitti
Saturday Night Fever
Jackie Brown
Purple Rain
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tommy Both

Big Lebowski
(btw: anyone seen Long Goodbye, The (1974) by Bobby Altman ? - it is said to be an inspiration for this flick)

BonBon85

Trainspotting, Royal Tenenbaums, PDL.

life_boy

I love the Star Wars scores.  Especially Empire and Jedi.  The prequels are alright, nothing I really enjoy listening too, though.  I like A Clockwork Orange and 2001 soundtracks too.

phil marlowe

Quote from: tommy_bothBig Lebowski
(btw: anyone seen Long Goodbye, The (1974) by Bobby Altman ? - it is said to be an inspiration for this flick)

I believe it was the Raymond Chandler crime style in general who was the inspiration. They just wrote all the caracters to be pretty odd people...

...and the best soundtrack out there can only be Pulp Fiction, I mean normally a score is being composed or/and old or new songs is added to fit with the pictures, in the case of Pulp Fiction it is the other way around.

joke08

Quote from: MacGuffinA Hard Day's Night
Help!
Lost Highway
Natural Born Killers
The Crow
Heat
Boogie Nights 1 & 2
Magnolia
Trainspotting
Requiem For A Dream
Peter Gabriel - Passion (Last Temptation Of Christ)
American Graffitti
Saturday Night Fever
Jackie Brown
Purple Rain

You reminded me: Pi
and yes, i agree trainspotting was great
and i totally forgot about lost highway, that one is awesome.

Mostly, I didn't mean scores when i brought up soundtrack, in that case though I'll throw out a few more:

Rosemary's baby (very creepy and unmistakable)
The Godfather (of course)
American Beauty
and Punch Drunk Love, I agree with the rest of you.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

neatahwanta

The Song Remains the Same
The Wall
The Graduate
Tommy
Quadrophenia

...and special mention to the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas": Vince Guaraldi is so fucking psychedelic at times.

check it

Cecil

queen of the damned is pretty good as well

neatahwanta

Woodstock

Richie Havens improvisation at the beginning still gives me chills...now that is talent from God.

Ghostboy

I think my favorite 'compilation' soundtracks would have to be Heat and Lost Highway...they are both perfect examples of songs that perfectly encapsulate the moviegoing experience. Runner up would be Trainspotting. The Wall doesn't count! Otherwise it would be way up there. 2001 as well...it's really creepy listening to that really late at night.

Wes Anderson's soundtracks would be better if they actually included all the songs from the movies. Although I understand a second version of Royal Tennenbaums was released with a few new tracks added.

Did anyone ever hear Shudder To Think's soundtrack for High Art? That was gorgeous, although I'm generally not a big fan of the rest of their music.

Some of my favorite scores would have to be Empire Strikes Back, Vertigo, Last Of The Mohicans (only the Trevor Rabin parts),  Edward Scissorhands, Fargo AND Raising Arizona, Taxi Driver...there are just too many to list. Magnolia, of course.

Redlum

The Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack is really great. Especially Mirror in the Bathroom. Makes me want to kick Felix LaPoubelle's ass.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad