Which Xixax Members Would You Meet???

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 01:12:30 AM

Pubrick

You guys are lucky.

The closest I've come to meeting someone from here was when I was being stalked by flagpolespecial.

Oh well, at least I got a comical gif out of it..

Quote from: Pubrick on July 30, 2006, 04:49:30 PM

under the paving stones.

Reel

That would scare the shit outta me! I bet you guys went to the same high school or something and he was always your secret admirer. Did he ever offer any sort of explanation of how he knew who the F you are? If not, I would say that's a bannable offense, encroaching on your privacy like that.

shameless plug for 'People Who Eat Darkness' :

"There is nothing like the suspicion that you're being followed to open your senses to the World around you. Over the next few weeks, Tokyo took on a dreamlike sheen and burnish, as if shot through exquisite filters by a visionary cinematographer. Details to which I had never before paid attention suddenly glowed with powerful and sinister significance- Cameras, sunglasses, the color and make of parked vehicles, the clothes and features of people I passed in the street. I found myself living every moment as if I might have to give a detailed account of it, under oath."

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reelist on July 10, 2012, 08:13:31 PMDid he ever offer any sort of explanation of how he knew who the F you are?

I second this question.

pete

Quote from: Just Withnail on July 10, 2012, 09:50:31 AM

cute girls are cycling by going "ey! Pete!". you've got that neighborhood under control man :)

it was one girl and she's not that cute.
come back soon man.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jenkins

intro:
i was reading... [checks browser history]... i was reading this "Tarantino and Godard" thread
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=3942.0
which i spotted because i like to check the "users online" section while i'm visiting, i guess to see what anyone is doing, although not really for that reason, because i'm positive i've only used that section to find weird threads being visited by guests (usually, although it's also funny to see registered users browsing old threads for no conversational purpose), and it's common that guests are "Printing the topic" although that might just be describing how they're reading the thread, i think choosing print changes the format, but maybe random internet people also print our topics and read them. the internet is definitely creepy. the internet being creepy is kinda the topic. seems appropriate.

what happened:
i always enjoy seeing godardian. he's from xixax's past. he's been gone for a long time. hopefully reelist sends him messages with kisses and all that, to bring him back. he still has a www globe under his username, so i clicked it and i was brought to his old blog. i can also relate to godardian via having an old blog. a movie blog of course. something about this guy, idk, something about him made me think he was definitely still talking about movies. and what did i do next? his real name was on his blog, so i put his real name in google, of course. there he appeared in front of me, still talking movies

godardian today:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/bio.php?ID=277
http://letterboxd.com/gogogo31/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2397753-christopher-mcquain

that's for sure him, given the name, the location, and the types of movies. definitely him. if you ever wondered about godardian like i have, he's still a movie person. yesssss

[edit]
i was trying to decide what i wanted to do with his list of dvdtalk reviews. i needed a list thing. so i arranged them by "Recommendation" and here are godardian's highest recommendations:
QuoteAmour    Blu-ray       8/11/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
Ultimate Gangsters Collection: Classics (Little Caesar / The Public Enemy / The Petrified Forest / White Heat)    Blu-ray       5/28/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
A Man Escaped: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       3/26/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       3/16/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
Holy Motors    Blu-ray       3/6/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
Laura    Blu-ray       2/24/13       DVD Talk Collector Series
Weekend (1967): The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       11/19/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
Sunset Boulevard    Blu-ray       11/6/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
Johnny Guitar    Blu-ray       9/29/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Devil, Probably (Le Diable, probablement)    DVD Video       9/17/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
Lonesome: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       8/29/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
Rosetta: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       8/18/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
La Grande Illusion    Blu-ray       8/2/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Turin Horse    Blu-ray       7/23/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia    Blu-ray       6/25/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Gold Rush    Blu-ray       6/8/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
A Trip to the Moon Restored (Limited Edition, Steelbook)    Blu-ray       4/1/12       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Rules of the Game: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       11/16/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
Blue Velvet    Blu-ray       11/12/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Complete Jean Vigo    Blu-ray       9/14/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
Citizen Kane    Blu-ray       9/7/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
The Battle of Algiers: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       8/15/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
Naked: The Criterion Collection    Blu-ray       7/11/11       DVD Talk Collector Series
Araya    DVD Video       6/15/11       DVD Talk Collector Series

^good list (duh)

jenkins

there's maybe another/appropriate thread for how i met matt 35mm and i wrote about it and i uploaded that to sendspace like wilder does the calendar release list and it's too long to post and i think like one person, like matt, would be interested in reading this. probably. definitely maybe. i should have emailed it. here's the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ili8au

matt35mm

Yay, that was nice. I only just got to read it because I haven't had internet for the past while, except for my phone, and I wanted to read and respond on a big boy computer.

But it was a lovely time, and I really enjoyed meeting you!

Robyn

mogwai

Quote from: KJ on July 17, 2014, 11:05:52 AM
I wanna get wasted with 03.

He will waste you, but not that in that way.

lets just chill homie
what are we drinking

Robyn

I'm drinking pure vodka because the soda is gone.

it makes me feel alive inside.