Intonation/Pitchfork Music Festival(s)

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 09, 2005, 12:27:06 PM

puddnanners

walrus: a Sunday recommendation is CAVE, for 3 reasons: 1) they play at 1pm, so you wont be missing any of the bands/performers you have chosen to embolden;  2) they are incredibly talented and play a pretty unique style of psychedelic, German inspired, highly danceable, noisy rock that is truly wicked when heard live; and 3) my brother is a member of the band.

I'm not to good at selling them, but am really just an avid fan and would recommend checking them out.  A Pitchfork review of their latest EP: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14250-pure-moods-ep/

Also, you can sample most of their tracks online, but here is one to get you started: http://covertcuriosity.blogspot.com/2010/05/cave-pure-moods.html    

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I hadn't updated the post but I actually am really looking forward to them.  They've played a lot in Chicago but I haven't gotten a chance to see them, but they always get great reviews.

Also: Sleigh Bells has advanced (likely to due to hype) to a longer, later set, switching spots with Girls, who fell back to a shorter, earlier set.

Them's the breaks.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, Pitchfork has now announced it will be happening and how much it will cost and NO OFFICIAL BANDS HAVE YET TO BE ANNOUNCED.

What the fuck?  $110 for presale tickets, $45 for a single day, which in and of themselves would be arbitrary purchases since you have no idea what you'd be seeing.  Now, I'm going to go ahead and assume either they feel like they're in a position where they can do whatever they want, or they have some incredible acts booked and are keeping them secret.  I'm pretty sure it's the former.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ on February 26, 2011, 02:33:59 AM
Well, Pitchfork has now announced it will be happening and how much it will cost and NO OFFICIAL BANDS HAVE YET TO BE ANNOUNCED.

What the fuck?  $110 for presale tickets, $45 for a single day, which in and of themselves would be arbitrary purchases since you have no idea what you'd be seeing.  Now, I'm going to go ahead and assume either they feel like they're in a position where they can do whatever they want, or they have some incredible acts booked and are keeping them secret.  I'm pretty sure it's the former.

They did give Kanye a 10.0...................
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pedro

Not saying that I agree with their decision, but it is not uncommon for music festivals to do this.  Austin City Limits festival, for example, has done this for some time. 

OrHowILearnedTo

cinemanarchist

OrHowILearnedTo

cinemanarchist

I feel like OFWGKTA are the only lock I can think of thus far, as their still relatively small, though every media outlet in the world is waiting for them to blow up, and Pitchfork does love their token hip-hop acts.

OrHowILearnedTo

Yuck confirmed themselves in a recent video apparently.

CoS is a good source for festival news/rumours

http://festival-outlook.consequenceofsound.net/

cinemanarchist

Tickets obtained!! That lineup looks solid already, now if only the temp. will stay in the low 90's.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So among the few that attend this festival anymore, myself included since the prices kept going up and the acts were dwindling in quality, this year is looking like...

FRIDAY JULY 13TH

Feist
A$AP Rocky
Tim Hecker
Willis Earl Beal
and more!

SATURDAY JULY 14TH

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Hot Chip
Grimes
Liturgy
Cloud Nothings
and more!

SUNDAY JULY 15TH

Vampire Weekend
AraabMUZIK
Kendrick Lamar
The Field
and more!

Apparently the tickets are staying the same price as $45 per day and $110 for the weekend.  The way it's looking now, I may just opt for Saturday if just to see GY!BE and Grimes, both of which I'm quite fond, and Hot Chip who I'm indifferent to but nevertheless enjoy.

Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky are both decent hip-hop acts, but the day surrounding them doesn't merit buying an entire day just yet and the weekend pass just doesn't seem very valuable to me.

Anyone else going?