Childrens Hospital [Adult Swim]

Started by modage, September 18, 2010, 10:20:18 PM

modage

Is anybody else watching this?  I just saw caught up on Season 2 tonight after several recommendations and am downloading Season 1 now.  It's like every funny person I like in 1 show and a good US counterpart to Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.  I think I love it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Neil

great idea with the short episodes, it's a funny show though, i've only watched season 1
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

I worked on the pilot. I played a nerd doctor who shot milk out of his mouth laughing. Tell me if you see me. I never did get around to watching it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I started watching this. It's definitely in the Paul Scheer / UCB / Adult Swim etc. galaxy, whatever it should be called. So many of the same people are involved with all these shows. Burning Love, NTSF:SD:SUV, and Childrens Hospital are pretty much the same flavor of parody. I think Burning Love is the best of the bunch, but I've barely started this one.

modage

I loved the first two seasons but kinda fell off after Season 3...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

The same thing kind of happens with NTSF:SD:SUV. The early episodes, basically just the Paul Scheer written episodes, are freaking amazing, absolutely packed with goodness, sharply satirical, and relentlessly-paced. Other episodes are more loose and derive more of their humor from simple goofiness (which I'm already seeing in some parts of Childrens Hospital). Still not complaining, though.