There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

grand theft sparrow

It would appear that there will not be blood for anyone who didn't get the tickets yesterday. 

Ghostboy

Goddamn it. I think I'm doomed to see this movie on its release date. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess, since the 26th is my birthday. But still -- I wish I could be there with you New Yorkers to join the xixax congregation. Alas, I shan't be.

©brad

Quote from: Ghostboy on November 29, 2007, 06:52:31 PM
Goddamn it. I think I'm doomed to see this movie on its release date. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess, since the 26th is my birthday. But still -- I wish I could be there with you New Yorkers to join the xixax congregation. Alas, I shan't be.

dude come to nyc! you can crash on my couch!

Ghostboy

Alas, I'm too broke! Movemaking hasn't been anywhere near as kind to me as it was the year before last, when I flew to NY this time of year just to see Inland Empire. And I've gotta save my money (or credit card, I should say) for Park City...

john

If this is real, I think Xixax membership should be taken away from anyone who downloads and watches it without, at least, seeing it in a theater good and proper first.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

B.C. Long

Quote from: john on November 29, 2007, 10:37:56 PM
If this is real, I think Xixax membership should be taken away from anyone who downloads and watches it without, at least, seeing it in a theater good and proper first.

why?
context, context, context.

Stefen

It would make sense for a DVD screener to be making the rounds at this time wouldn't it?

I'd much rather watch it at home alone than at the NYC screening with a bunch of film nerds who smell like lunch meat.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Astrostic

so i bought a ticket, but my boyfriend didn't get one, but wants to go.  did anyone here happen to buy an extra?

md

tickets are still available for members. best bet is to find someone who is a member or become a member.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on November 30, 2007, 10:43:54 AM
It would make sense for a DVD screener to be making the rounds at this time wouldn't it? 

weird.  my sis works for E! she sent me a text this morning claiming someone she knows there hooked her up with a copy of twbb & american gangster who cares what else.

john

Quote from: cronopio on November 30, 2007, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: john on November 29, 2007, 10:37:56 PM

why?

Alright, with certain provisions...

I think anyone who lives in a country where it doesn't have a release date, should have at it. Or, if you have absolutely no ability to get to a movie theater that's showing it... fine. Other than that, if you haven't seen it and your seeing it for the first time as a downloaded file on your computer... then what's the point of even seeing it at all?

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

If it's a DVD screener, the quality will be awesome and you can just burn it to a DVD and watch it on your regular TV like you just bought it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.