I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Ravi

last days of gerry the elephant

hedwig

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Redlum

I seem to have been watching a slate of violent films lately, culminating in:

I need an antidote... so with much trepidation:
and

Although I enjoyed The Darjeeling Ltd, I must say my first and only viewing was in a balcony about a mile from the screen. Worse still - I've started to believe the hate. Every now and then I'll play This Time Tomorrow and Strangers by the Kinks and hope that when I come to watch it again, that the film comes close to capturing their essence.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

MacGuffin

Over the past couple weeks:

Used:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

One of the few early Godard's I haven't seen. Looking forward to it. Loads of cool stuff included too, looks to be a great package.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SiliasRuby

I only liked the first one.

My Collection

I kinda wish they packaged Bonnie & Clyde in a similar casing as the rest of the Blu-rays.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

I dig the packaging a lot. Although it's kind of hard to actually read the pages of the book.

Managed to get this really early and decided on the single disc because I'll have to rebuy when the Blu-ray comes out. Seems wise anyway judging by the review Mac posted from IGN. Comes in a cardboard case like the soundtrack, perhaps to lessen the carbon footprint of the production.

I love this film and it's nice to see cast and crew talking so fondly about it in the retrospective documentary.

I read an interesting statistic yesterday, that 10-15% of No Country for Old Men video sales were Blu-ray.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SiliasRuby

My Collection

SiliasRuby

What can I say, I'm a compulsive DVD buyer who loves bad TV.

My Collection