David O. Russell

Started by Ernie, February 18, 2003, 11:15:52 AM

RegularKarate

I gave it a few shots... it's pretty blah...

I actually liked it a little when I first saw it... then I rented it and watched it again and realized there's not much to it... it's just "okay"

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffinWatts, Not Paltrow, Loves Huckabee's

The Hollywood Reporter says Naomi Watts (The Ring) is in talks to join Fox Searchlight's I Love Huckabee's, taking over for Gwyneth Paltrow, who has dropped out of the project. Watts will segue to the film after she wraps production on The Assassination of Richard Nixon with Sean Penn and Don Cheadle, which begins shooting next month.

Written and directed by David O. Russell, "Huckabee's" also stars Mark Wahlberg, Jude Law, Jason Schwartzman, Lily Tomlin, Dustin Hoffman and Catherine Deneuve.

Watts' character will find herself in a love triangle with Wahlberg and Law's characters.

Damn, it was so close to a perfect cast. Not that I don't like Watts, I just never have seen her in anything before.

You guys think she is any good? Think she can cut it? I hope so...I might have to rent one of her films. I was getting so used to this film having like, the best cast of next year.

godardian

Quote from: ebeaman

Damn, it was so close to a perfect cast. Not that I don't like Watts, I just never have seen her in anything before.

You guys think she is any good? Think she can cut it? I hope so...I might have to rent one of her films. I was getting so used to this film having like, the best cast of next year.

You must not even think of seeing another film until you rent Mulholland Dr. on DVD. Watts gives the performance of the millenium, so far. It's breathtaking. Her presence, to me, is much more a motivator to see a film than Paltrow's.

She was also, of course, in The Ring, which is okay, but has nothing on Mulholland Dr..
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ernie

Alright, maybe I will try MD. It's on tv a lot.

The only Lynch film that's ever really interested me is The Elephant Man though, I fucking love that. So I don't really know.

MacGuffin

Production Begins on I Heart Huckabees
Source: Fox Searchlight Pictures

Principal photography has begun in Los Angeles on the existential comedy I Heart Huckabees featuring an ensemble cast that includes Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Huppert, Jude Law, Jason Schwartzman, Lily Tomlin, Mark Wahlberg and Naomi Watts.

The film is directed and co-written by David O. Russell (Three Kings). "Huckabees" marks co-writer Jeff Baena's first feature film screenplay put into production.

In I Heart Huckabees, a husband-and-wife team (Hoffman, Tomlin) play detective, but not in the traditional sense. Instead, the happy duo helps others solve their existential issues, the kind that keep you up at night, wondering what it all means...

The entire shoot will take place in Los Angeles and is set to wrap in early September.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

god, i cant WAIT for this movie.  so clever that its "I heart huckabees" instead of "I love huckabees".
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

according to new EW, I Heart Huckabees will be released in October.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatwad

maybe a premiere at the new york film festival, or toronto?

for petes sake

the trailer looks pretty funny and the cast is amazing.  It could be this year's September sleeper.

Ghostboy

So that there's an actual purpose for this thread being brought up...you may or may not have heard already that Three Kings will be released again this fall, primarily for political reasons. It will be accompanied by a documentary on the Iraq war (I'm guessing both of them) by Russel, which will be expanded to a feature length extra feature when Three Kings is re-released on DVD after the theatrical run.

Chest Rockwell

That's awesome! Can't wait for that.

tpfkabi

Quote from: for petes sakethe trailer looks pretty funny and the cast is amazing.  It could be this year's September sleeper.

yeah, i thought it looked intersting, too. Naomi Watts was especially funny and sexy as ever.........i wonder what the shot with 3 of her is all about.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

El Duderino

Quote from: bigideas
i wonder what the shot with 3 of her is all about.

it's a tv commercial for huckabees
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

tpfkabi

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: bigideas
i wonder what the shot with 3 of her is all about.

it's a tv commercial for huckabees

ok, so i'm in the dark. what exactly is Huckabee's?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasok, so i'm in the dark. what exactly is Huckabee's?

Try here:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5490
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks