Nicole Kidman

Started by modage, August 06, 2003, 11:45:22 AM

cine

Quote from: The ObstructionI'm sorry your disapointed, it was not my attention. I have erased the part about THE PEACEMAKER, so nobody else is going to be disapointed.
ObstructStrangelove, how often are you going to change your name?

The Obstruction

Quote from: Cinephile 9000
Quote from: The ObstructionI'm sorry your disapointed, it was not my attention. I have erased the part about THE PEACEMAKER, so nobody else is going to be disapointed.
ObstructStrangelove, how often are you going to change your name?

I don't plan to change it again, i was just tired of having this feeling that i had to write something who related to the film so i wanted to change for that. Now im free and i can, write whatever i like without me being my own judge on what i should or shouldn't write.
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

ono

Kidman's Kissing Scene with Boy Sparks Outrage
Hollywood star Nicole Kidman's latest film has sparked controversy before its even been released - because of a passionate clinch she shares with a ten-year- old boy. The Oscar-winning actress, 36, is seen getting romantic with a ten-year-old boy she believes is the reincarnation of her dead husband in Birth - which has horrified film executives. New Line Cinema bosses are anxious over scenes involving Kidman and the boy stripping off together for a bath - while another scene see the two locking lips. PR companies who are set to promote the $54 million film have allegedly called it a 'publicity nightmare'.
~IMDb.com

Wow.  Sounds really intriguing.  And just... wow.

Pubrick

Quote from: ono.bot.opoeiaKidman's Kissing Scene with Boy Sparks Outrage
Birth
at least jonathan glazer will finally get sum sort of recognition.

the only outrage i can see is that nic still has crappy short hair.

if malena is anything to go by, americans will never see the full version of this movie.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

At least she wasn't an old man.

I like it when people get outraged about movies they haven't seen.

rustinglass

Come on! of course it's going to be released in america.
then again... they did erase guns of a film poster, a dvd and cd cover..... :roll:
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglassCome on! of course it's going to be released in america.
no one said anything about it not being released. the key words i used were "full version" and "malena".
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

:oops: oh.
I've never seen Malena.
I heard from a friend that when "The Idiots" was distributed in the US, that they put a black box over all the penises and vaginas. I don't know if it's true.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

^

you're friend is telling the truth.

ElPandaRoyal

EDIT:
Quote from: rustinglassI heard from a friend that when "The Idiots" was distributed in the US, that they put a black box over all the penises and vaginas.

Jerks
Si

NEON MERCURY

in america:

-we dont like breasts
-we dont like vaginas
-we dont like buttocks of the male and/or female variety
-we dont like penises

but..

we absolutely love this pure comedic genius:

:kiss:

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: NEON MERCURYin america:

-we dont like breasts
-we dont like vaginas
-we dont like buttocks of the male and/or female variety
-we dont like penises

but..

we absolutely love this pure comedic genius:

:kiss:

And aren't you forgetting these pure comedic geniuses that most seem to love?

Si

MacGuffin

Bacall Balks After Kidman Called 'Legend'

How old is a movie legend? Definitely older than 37-year-old Nicole Kidman, according to screen veteran Lauren Bacall.

Bacall became irritated during an interview with Britain's GMTV Wednesday when the younger actress was described as "a legend."

"She's not a legend," Bacall said, cutting off interviewer Jenni Falconer in mid-sentence.

"She's a beginner. What is this 'legend'? She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. She can't be a legend, you have to be older."

The two actresses were in Venice, Italy to promote their new film "Birth," in which 79-year-old Bacall plays Kidman's mother.

At a joint interview, reporters peppered Kidman with questions and, embarrassed, she finally suggested they direct their questions elsewhere.

Bacall, the former wife of Humphrey Bogart and star of such films as "The Big Sleep" and "Key Largo," insisted she and Kidman get along famously.

The two women acted together once before, with Bacall playing a supporting role in Kidman's star vehicle "Dogville" last year.

"I love working with a young actress," Bacall said. "Nicole and I worked together on Dogville and we were friends when we started this. That laid the groundwork for our fabulous relationship on screen and off."

In the film, Kidman plays a woman who believes her dead husband has been reincarnated in the body of a 10-year-old boy.

The assembled stars and the film's director and producer, were asked who they would like to come back as if they could be reincarnated.

The others gamely tried to answer the question but Bacall snapped: "It's not a fascinating question. No offense."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

What the fuck? I thought Lauren Bacall was dead.

ono

That's Katherine Hepburn.