PHPBB Worm -- Will it affect this site?

Started by Raikus, December 28, 2004, 09:20:40 AM

Raikus

There's a worm called the Santy Worm infecting PHPBB's all over the net. If the board hasn't been updated to 2.0.11 it can be infected and all the site's files will be deleted.

This board just shows the powered by PHP but no version number. I'm guessing that Xixax was the last to update it though so that would mean the old version is still in effect.

Go here to read more about the worm.

Go here to download the 2.0.11 patch.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mogwai

i've just e-mailed mike wilson from mad dancer who's running xixax about it. i'll see if he can reply as fast as he can about this.

edit:

Quote from: mike wilsonHiya, Mogs... Yes, I did the upgrade a few days ago. That Santy worm was pretty nasty. Thankfully, we didn't get hit!

Raikus

Good to know. I'm still trying to update some of my client's boards but keep getting sql errors. It's aggrivating but ultimately necessary.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.