Announcement: The Green Screen

Started by Jeremy Blackman, June 17, 2004, 10:04:48 AM

Jeremy Blackman

A proposal from many months ago is finally reaching a kind of maturity... a true sister site... a well written, well edited, frequently updated collection of articles by Xixax users[/size].

It will be called "The Green Screen"... (any better ideas are welcomed)...

If you have any questions, ask them here.

PM your articles to me and we'll read them. We want content!

AND NOW we shall answer questions before they have been asked...

OFFICIAL FAQ

What does this have to do with Xixax?

It will be completely integrated with xixax.com... we'll probably start a new forum dedicated to this thing where we can link to and discuss articles. And the whole site will be hosted on Xixax.

How is this different from a message board?

Good question. And this is what we must continue to ask ourselves. The editing will make most of the difference. Length, density, and quality. Graphical complexity and freedom.

Who can submit articles?

Any Xixax user. If you feel the desire to write an article, write one and send it to us.

What kind of thing are you looking for? What is an "article"?

That's up to you. We're not looking for "movie reviews" as such... more of an open form. Thoughts and ideas condensed into a piece of writing. We're trying to focus on film, obviously, but you can really write about anything you want.

Will you publish my article? Or will you laugh at me?

Well, it should be interesting, and you should have some passion. Of course we can't guarantee your article will make it, but right now there's about a 99% chance.

How will you edit my articles?

Grammar, language, organization, whatever. I like doing that kind of thing, so expect it. We can approve it with you, of course. And we can work out individual things.

Can I be a columnist?

Maybe.

When is this going to happen?

As soon as we get enough content... which could be very soon. The layout, design, and technical stuff is pretty much done.

What makes you think this won't die like the collective story?

We're optimistic. But that's why the quality of content is important. We're obviously not professional writers, although some like to think so, and all we are expecting/hoping for is an attempt at coherent English + an interesting concept.

Gold Trumpet

wow. My proposal is coming to fruition. I may actually have to get back to writing about movies.

pete

haha you just asked yourself a dozen questions you already knew the answers to.  someone's a bit cuckoo!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Just Withnail

Nice! Ever since GT's suggestion I've been hoping something would come out of it  :-D

SHAFTR

I could kick it off with a paper about Eisenstein and his relationship to and change from theatre to Film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIt will be called "The Green Screen"... (any better ideas are welcomed)...
"The Blue Room."  Hehehe.

Seriously, though.  Great idea.  I'll definitely try to contribute something.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Quote from: SHAFTRI could kick it off with a paper about Eisenstein and his relationship to and change from theatre to Film.

Article form please..  Do people want to read your college essay?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Just Withnail

Quote from: El Duderinoi'm in.....good thinking

Well he's GT for a reason...

Thrindle

This is really fucking great!  I added the "fucking" for emphasis as to how cool this actually is... Do it up!
Classic.

mutinyco

Jesus, people are congratulating GT? What's this world coming to?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

kotte

Quote from: mutinycoJesus, people are congratulating GT? What's this world coming to?

Armageddon? :?

Jeremy Blackman

Send your content to thegreenscreen@yahoo.com.

Pretty much any file format is good (Word documents preferred).

Myxo

Good stuff Blackman..

I look forward to reading some of this stuff.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This definitely was a good idea.  

If and when I've got some articles handy, you'll see them.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye