Ned Rifle

Started by wilder, July 22, 2014, 07:47:02 PM

wilder

Following the events of the previous film, Fay Grim (Parker Posey) has spent four years in custody for alleged terrorist activities and is transferred to a federal penitentiary to serve a life sentence. Her son, Ned Rifle (Liam Aiken), has been placed in witness protection with a devoutly Christian family. The film follows Ned's intention to kill his father, Henry Fool (Thomas Jay Ryan), for ruining Fay Grim's life. Subsequently, Ned encounters Susan (Aubrey Plaza), who has a connection to Henry Fool's past.

Written and Directed by Hal Hartley
Starring Liam Aiken, Parker Posey, Aubrey Plaza, James Urbaniak, and Thomas Jay Ryan
Release Date - TBD (Toronto premiere)

jenkins

what are the odds i'd have wanted to see this movie? i'm about to be rude. the odds are slim to none. something beyond unparalleled universal praise woulda had to happen to motivate me to enter a theater for hartley, who i think puts a lot more fucking time into considering his page over considering his cinema

for me it's screwed. nothing beyond praise is happening because praise isn't happening

QuoteBut three movies in, what made "Henry Fool" so foul, delightful and insightful the first time around feels like diminishing returns in the third movie.
QuoteThe crowdfunded "Ned Rifle" distances itself further from non-Hartley heads with its sometimes distractingly low production values.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/tiff-review-hal-hartleys-ned-rifle-starring-liam-aiken-aubrey-plaza-martin-donovan-parker-posey-more-20140913