Superman & Batman

Started by MacGuffin, July 20, 2013, 04:07:46 PM

Brando

Is he really the next Batman? Or was he just cast as Batman in this one upcoming Superman film?

They already have this Superman & Batman or Superman vs Batman movie slated for a 2015 release. It has to start shooting in a year by the latest. They can't cast and create a new Batman franchise in that time. They put themselves in a corner. So they offer Christian Bale $50 million to do the film. He says no. Now they have to find someone who can just step into this iconic role without any setup.

Affleck is a placeholder until the next franchise. He's so busy as a director now it seems difficult to see him committing to a franchise. It cold be a one time thing. But if the film is a success, I'm sure they'll be offering Affleck $75 million to direct and act in the first film of the next Batman franchise.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Drenk

Ascension.

jenkins

in general this isn't my party, so party where you party and how you party, but i did laugh right now because my friend, who also parties differently, is enthusiastic about the to the wonder guy being batman now

MacGuffin

Zack Snyder Explains Why Ben Affleck was Chosen As BATMAN

Press Release from director Zack Snyder:

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Businessman Chris Nolan gonna business, man.  $£$£.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Lottery

I'm not violently opposed to Affleck but it's just such a boring choice. In any case I hope he's an older detective, scientistish figure instead of beat-em-up throaty Baleman. That would be cool.

Lottery

Buzz that Bryan Cranston is possibly Lex Luthor.

polkablues

Maybe that'll shut people up for a while.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Bryan Cranston confirmed to play Lex Luthor in Batman/Man of Steel?

Bryan Cranston has reportedly been cast as Lex Luthor in the Batman/Superman team-up sequel to Man of Steel.

The Breaking Bad star is said to have signed up to play Superman's long-time nemesis for a minimum of six films which could extend to ten.

An official announcement of Cranston's casting will apparently be scheduled for after Breaking Bad finishes in order for the news to ride the wave of the finale, say Cosmic Book News.

A source told the website: 'Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor'.

Bryan will be joining a cast which includes Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck who was revealed to have been cast as Batman this week.

People who were against Affleck landing the part – and there were quite a few – may not be pleased to hear the latest reports which say the Argo director and star could allegedly play Bruce Wayne for a total of 13 appearances in DC films.

Mark Strong was previously rumoured to be in line for the role of Lex Luthor, but having already appeared in one DC film (Green Lantern as Sinestro) was a factor in DC deciding not to go with him, as they are interested in having him play the part a second time.

The hotly-anticipated Batman/Man of Steel film is out in 2015.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned previously but Affleck might be contributing to the script.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 25, 2013, 03:18:47 AMThe Breaking Bad star is said to have signed up to play Superman's long-time nemesis for a minimum of six films which could extend to ten.
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 25, 2013, 03:18:47 AMthe Argo director and star could allegedly play Bruce Wayne for a total of 13 appearances in DC films.

These numbers are not making sense to me. Are those just really high estimates? Is this a contract thing?

Brando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 25, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 25, 2013, 03:18:47 AMThe Breaking Bad star is said to have signed up to play Superman's long-time nemesis for a minimum of six films which could extend to ten.
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 25, 2013, 03:18:47 AMthe Argo director and star could allegedly play Bruce Wayne for a total of 13 appearances in DC films.

These numbers are not making sense to me. Are those just really high estimates? Is this a contract thing?

If it's true, it's similar to the contract Sam Jackson signed to play Nick Furry. His was a few years ago but was for something like 9 or 10 pictures.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Lottery

Wow, Superhero films really demand a person's utmost servitude.
But when you're making millions I guess it's pretty hard to complain.

Gold Trumpet

I'm not an Affleck fan when it comes to acting chops, but I also sign off on the idea Batman is one of the easier roles play. I think Ben Affleck still wants to be a major movie star and knows because he signed off on Batman right when Warner Brothers have franchise crossover in their sightlines so you're going to see Ben Affleck as Batman in a lot of kind of roles. You will see him tag team with Superman, get his own movies, and be in Justice League movies. The majority of these movies have little chance to be very good. Whatever chance for an independent Batman film series with their own thematic interest died with Nolan (good and bad results there). Now it's going to be franchise-city and I'm guessing people are going to have to rationalize the results (Yes, it will be better than Marvel, but what's that saying?). Zach Snyder isn't very good. That isn't going to change. I understand Ben Affleck wants some writing input, but what can he do? The movies will have to have exorbitant amount of explosions and effects to justify their blockbuster look. I'm guessing the best Affleck will do is keep Batman from getting silly.