TWBB DVD

Started by MacGuffin, February 19, 2008, 02:28:24 PM

idk

ok im coming out...

i also think the packaging was made horribly, don't get me wrong the concept is great, it seems to match the mood of the movie well(its kind of like what dvds would have looked like back in the 1920s), i especially like the single disk pamphlet-like case. but still the outer case comes apart and the disks can be easily smudged and scratched when taking them out, not to mention the bible cover looks like it was printed on a home computer...

also, it seems like this would be on all discs but maybe just mine, at the end of the shot where H.W. is laying in bed and Daniel is talking to him but we cant hear him, it freezes for like a second before cutting to the shot of daniel outside with Fletcher.

Ravi

Quote from: idk on April 14, 2008, 01:28:50 PM
also, it seems like this would be on all discs but maybe just mine, at the end of the shot where H.W. is laying in bed and Daniel is talking to him but we cant hear him, it freezes for like a second before cutting to the shot of daniel outside with Fletcher.

Sounds like a layer change.  Sometimes layer changes are seamless, other times there is a slight pause.  Depends on the player and disc.

fulty

This is from Scarecrow Video:

"...
Well, if Paramount, back in August of last year, hadn't signed a Faustian contract with Toshiba to take ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS to completely abandon the Blu-Ray format for eighteen months and go exclusively with Toshiba's beloved (and now dead in the water) HD-DVD format, there might be a chance for you to view this film in Blu-Ray. As it stands though, HD-DVDs are no longer being produced and Paramount is trying to wiggle out of the aforementioned contract so that maybe they can get some Blu-Ray discs out for the 4th quarter. In the meantime, you, the consumer, are getting the shaft. No Blood for you.
..."

Sigh
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Redlum

Quote from: fulty on April 17, 2008, 07:48:58 PM
This is from Scarecrow Video:

"...
Well, if Paramount, back in August of last year, hadn't signed a Faustian contract with Toshiba to take ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS to completely abandon the Blu-Ray format for eighteen months and go exclusively with Toshiba's beloved (and now dead in the water) HD-DVD format, there might be a chance for you to view this film in Blu-Ray. As it stands though, HD-DVDs are no longer being produced and Paramount is trying to wiggle out of the aforementioned contract so that maybe they can get some Blu-Ray discs out for the 4th quarter. In the meantime, you, the consumer, are getting the shaft. No Blood for you.
..."

Sigh

It's distributed by Disney in Europe and out on Blu-Ray on July 7th so you could import it from Wee Britain...thats my bit for the economy done.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/There-Will-Be-Blood-Blu-ray/dp/B0017F67JU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1208537625&sr=8-3
http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000142266
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/5274685/There-Will-Be-Blood/Product.html
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

fulty

Quote from: Redlum on April 18, 2008, 12:01:23 PM
July 7th

Okay...Thanks..!!

Looks like I'll be double dipping anyway...I can't stand not watching it...and you guys seem happy with the standard DVD.
Tinapop  

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

john

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

last days of gerry the elephant

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1257

There Will Be Blood Blu-ray Gets Detailed

Posted April 30, 2008 02:15 PM by Ben

Paramount Paramount has released more details about the Blu-ray release of the Academy Award winning film 'There Will Be Blood'. The studio is promising 1080p video along side Dolby TrueHD audio — video codec information is currently unavailable. In addition, Paramount will be including the exact same set of extras included on the "Collector's Edition" DVD release of 'There Will Be Blood' from earlier this month. Expect the disc to be released on June 3rd.

Special Features include:
# The Story of Petroleum featurette
# 3 Additional Scenes
# 2 Trailers

wow... I hope this cover is fake.

picolas

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 01, 2008, 05:44:26 PM
wow... I hope this cover is fake.
it's way better than the other one, though.

md

the photo is great. the layout, however, is not. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

bonanzataz

i just don't understand why every bluray cover i've ever seen just looks so ugly
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bonanzataz on May 01, 2008, 11:23:27 PM
i just don't understand why every bluray cover i've ever seen just looks so ugly
It's a trade off. Great picture/sound quality, bad cover art.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Quote from: bonanzataz on May 01, 2008, 11:23:27 PM
the actual blu(e) casing for a start, is consistently hideous.  but yeah the artwork here is not good at all either.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

fulty

Best Buy is showing a May 20 release..!!

I'm getting wet.
Tinapop  

last days of gerry the elephant

Yeah, I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon.com since they too display a May 20 release.

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018QCXH8?tag=bluray-072-20