Best Director

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 25, 2005, 08:51:42 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Director: Michel Gondry for ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND

THE NOMINEES

Michel Gondry (ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND)
Michael Mann (COLLATERAL)
Alexander Payne (SIDEWAYS)
Martin Scorsese (THE AVIATOR)
Quentin Tarantino (KILL BILL VOL. 2)

I Don't Believe in Beatles

....where are all the comments on director?

I think that's the first picture of Michel Gondry I've ever seen.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: GingerI think that's the first picture of Michel Gondry I've ever seen.
what's that got to do with anything..
under the paving stones.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quotewhat's that got to do with anything..

Nothing, I just realized that when I saw the picture.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Ginger....where are all the comments on director?

In these parts, best director is synonymous with best film. Look for the debate there. Or well, the complaining.

Kal

come on... thats a typical Xixax win... he is good... but Scorsese is the goddamn winner here!!!!!!!!!!!

Myxo

Alexander Payne or at least Eastwood got robbed here.

Stefen

Any movie that wasn't Eternal Sunshine got robbed here, jesus, this place is like a bizarro E!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

brockly

yeah, what stefen said. i voted marty, but would have been just as happy with eastwood or tarantino. the fact that gondry was even nominated is a disgrace

modage

Quote from: brocklyyeah, what stefen said. i voted marty, but would have been just as happy with eastwood or tarantino. the fact that gondry was even nominated is a disgrace
why?  a disgrace to whom?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: brocklyyeah, what stefen said. i voted marty, but would have been just as happy with eastwood or tarantino. the fact that gondry was even nominated is a disgrace
why?  a disgrace to whom?

A disgrace to ALL filmmakers and non-emo kids everywhere.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

haha, this anti-gondry thing a few of u are trying to do is really stupid.

please, for once this board has overpraised a deserving film. unlike bargain-bin movies like Lost in Translation and PDL, eternal sunshine will actually be seen again in the years to come.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

There is no anti-gondry thing. I love Gondry, I just think eternal sunshine is a TAD bit overrrated around here, the way LIT and PDL are. As a matter of fact this is the category im cool with, but the overall eternal love is out of control. No need to get emotional.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenI just think eternal sunshine is a TAD bit overrrated around here, the way LIT and PDL are.
i just said that exact same thing.
under the paving stones.