Queens of the Stone Age

Started by Gamblour., March 28, 2005, 10:41:23 PM

Stefen

It was one of the worst SNL moments of all time. The only reason I tuned in was to watch QOTSA and through the first song I had to watch that jackass Will Ferrell on stage. Camera didn't even move from him, weak sauce. Overall, awesome performance. God, does SNL suck nowadays or what?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I missed it.  Do you know the next time they'll show that episode/ if the clip's online?
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

GoneSavage

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkThey performed on SNL tonight. During "Little Sister" Will Ferrell got on stage as the Blue Oyster Cult guy and was playing the cowbell with them. It was one of the best SNL moments ever.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GingerI missed it.  Do you know the next time they'll show that episode/ if the clip's online?

They'll probably repeat it sometime over the Summer before the new season starts.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

Or just google it, I'm sure it's up somewhere.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I like how there were two guys modeled after the band members on the stage of Burning Man in American Dad (oh wait... American Dad is pretty lame)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Josh Homme played a semi solo set tonight at the flywheel in easthampton. It was awesome, you should have been there.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

GoneSavage

Stefen

Quote from: GoneSavageRecord it for me?

As a matter of fact my girlfriend recorded it on her minidisc. She hasent ripped it yet and I don't know how good it will sound but she got it. I'll let you know when it's done. It's was a very intimate set, probably less than 20 people there.

Stefen

New song from the new album due in June is streaming at their official site for the next 24 hours.

And it's awesome.

mogwai

Quote from: Stefen on August 14, 2005, 01:31:11 PMIt's was a very intimate set, probably less than 20 people there.

are you sure it was josh homme?

Stefen

Quote from: mogwai on April 19, 2007, 03:12:07 AM
Quote from: Stefen on August 14, 2005, 01:31:11 PMIt's was a very intimate set, probably less than 20 people there.

are you sure it was josh homme?

Of course I am. I'm a huge fan of his.

Gamblour.

Got the new album, I think it's really fantastic. "Sick, Sick, Sick" is just glorious, there are some really cool songs on here. The sound is more reminiscent of their first two albums, in a way, but they've made it much more palatable. The video for "Sick, Sick, Sick" is also really good.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Yeah, it's good. But it feels very meat headed ish. Gone is the QUEENS not taking themselves too seriously, and now their in full on bad ass mode. Even all the song titles scream meathead. Wheres titles like "I was a teenage hand model"?

It just seems very MTV friendly, nothing new tried. It's still great, but it doesn't feel "safe"

Also, the redone make it wit chu is awful.