Marty Martin

=

annoying

or

ambitious

or

________(fill in the blank)

?

I'm still waiting for him to make a film not a trailer.

this is true.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

beyond ridiculous. i'm only watching this utter SHIT of a show when i feel like reminding myself that civilization is nearly over.

• marty martin has weird ears and is an arrogant tony scott wannabe munchkin. marty munchkin. his movies are trailers and i love how frankel owned him by saying "i thought your first trailer was better". ha!

• kenny lubby is considered a threat??? what the FUCK was that thing he called a film. there is no way he's getting a million bucks and he knows it and everyone knows it and spielberg has to realise that he's paying for a fuckin emo skater NUT to make boring, confusing, anti-films/quasi music videos (to shitty music no less) which can only appeal to ppl who cut themselves.. and at best make ppl WANT to cut themselves. wow.

• beeline, "slut mom".. all i can say is the cupid film was better than this piece of amateur garbage in its visuals ALONE. to hear frankel say it was his favourite... MIND BOGGLING. the chick does not know where to put a camera, how to tell a story, how to cast a film -- i mean just look at the CRAFT of the other films, even emo and munchkin's stinkbombs!.. are the judges being nice to her cos of her stupid idiot kid??? yeah i guess that could be a classic spielberg policy.

• obviously the best film of the batch was Polished, but it was slim pickings. and even then only cos i'm guessing the director is jewish and the film was reference to the plight of the polish jews.

the only way to continue watching this near-nadir of reality tv (fast approaching American Idol) is to understand the entire series is filler until hopefully spielberg intervenes, realising that popularity is not everything (a new concept for him?) and rigs it so he must hand pick from the 3 ppl who aren't complete embarrassments. although now i kinda hope the very very worst get to the end and he just has to accept the monster he created.

hideous, disgusting monster.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm blown away that anybody still watches this show.  At least American Idol occasionally has one or two good singers on it.  This show has ZERO good filmmakers on it.  And one of them is going to get a million dollars!  Godspeed, Apocalypse!  Godspeed!
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

I think Pearl Jam 10 era was very influential on Kenny's visuals and music. He may be stuck there... :ponder:

Crazy Cab......i just don't know what to think about that.........how could anyone even come up with that, much less find it funny?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on June 17, 2007, 02:49:09 PM
At least American Idol occasionally has one or two good singers on it.  This show has ZERO good filmmakers on it.

there are at least

Quote from: Pubrick on June 17, 2007, 10:00:01 AM
3 ppl who aren't complete embarrassments.

and the third is yet to be determined. contributing factors:

-i just found out the black dude is 41. that's gotta be a typo. he looks smart at least.
-will bigham is the WALL• E  of contestants.
-i didn't think adam stein's musical was bad.
under the paving stones.

pumba

hahahhahaah
it took me so long to find this post so i never found a place to vent this shit out!

If i ever owned a time machine i swear to god this is what i would use it for:
I'd choose any tuesday night On The Lot is taping...i'd score tickets to be in the audience...I'd eat alot of chili preceding the show...and take the biggest, steamiest, shit all over the stage, the contestants, and that skank ass hoe of hostess. I'd slap Gary Marshall a high five, wish mercy upon the souls of the contestants, the audience, michael bay, and the united states of america. As soon as that satisfaction would be over, i'd hop in the delorean, go BACK in time, and not do that.

FUCK. between this show and global warming...we're in trouble.

picolas

the last episode wasn't as terrible as the others (from the american idol twin era). maybe i'm just getting used to it. i truly don't understand the decision to make them do comedy again, though. the show can't make a decision about what it is. i hate how they make the filmmakers look into the camera before their film and while the film is being recapped at the end.

Zach will win. it's too obvious.

pumba

word on the street is that eli roth is guest judging tonight.

picolas

i think Zach might take the log line "when worlds collide" literally.

an imdb'er predicts Mateen will do more racism stuff with it.

any others?

pumba

hahaha, mateen's movie was so stupid.

MacGuffin

If anyone cares:

Will wins 'On the Lot'

DreamWorks Pictures has a brand new filmmaker on their lot, welcomed last night (in a pre-recorded segment) by Steven Spielberg himself. After a summer of hard work, short films, critiques and praise, director Will Bigham has earned both America and Spielberg's praise as a filmmaker with big things ahead of him.

Bigham won out on last night's finale of "On the Lot," the filmmaking reality show produced by Spielberg and Mark Burnett. After a very tense fifty minutes of looking back on notable films from the season, and elimination of all of the competition, Bigham stood victorious with short films like "Lucky Penny," "Glass Eye," "Nerve Endings," "Unplugged" and "The Yes Men" to his credit. The young director was greeted at the DreamWorks gates by Spielberg at the very last moments of the show, and guided on to the lot for a future that will hopefully bear some entertaining work as Bigham develops properties with his $1 million DreamWorks deal. At the very least, we hope Bigham doesn't wield his newly-earned power to "achieve global domination and force the world to listen to [him] sing karaoke for hours" as previously threatened.

Congratulations to Will, and to all of the filmmakers who made it "On the Lot" this summer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

zach went out a couple weeks ago. truly one of the worst reality tv shows ever. top (bottom) 3, easily.
under the paving stones.

picolas

i can't believe i watched the whole thing. at least it'll never happen again with the horrible ratings. i thought it would've been good if Spielberg had given Will the million from his wallet and told him to leave a la Ben Stein.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrick on August 29, 2007, 12:21:14 AMtruly one of the worst reality tv shows ever. top (bottom) 3, easily.

I'm guessing Kid Nation will be in there somewhere.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sickfins

here are some fun facts i got from zach.

due to the incredibly pressured nature of show's scheduling, all of the shorts were preproduced in advance without anything to do with the directors.  a director would be told just prior to making the short that he or she would, for example, have the setting of an office and say, two guys and a girl.  they'd be given a script already written (intimidating but sexy boss tries to seduce two nervous coworkers) and be given the freedom to only change lines, characters, and plot within reason.  so the sets were built before they even conceived of an idea, and they'd cast from a pool of actors that were 'on hold'.  makes the show seem more like glorified mad-libs than anything else.

burnett was pissed that the contestants were working together and bouncing ideas off of each other, he wanted rivalries to form, but their teamwork was the only way the contestants survive.