The Devil's Music

Started by Keener, June 01, 2004, 10:36:46 PM

Keener

Jeremiah is a devout Christian and all-around good teen. Enter Matthew and his new "Christian" rock albums. Bands like dc Talk and Skillet slowly transform the brothers, both once devout in their Christian lifestyles, into bank-robbing, car-stealing, doped up murderers. Based on possible events after listening to "Christian" rock, The Devil's Music is a shocking and graphic visual tale of two led to the dark side without even realizing the error of their misguided ways.

The film was written by Jason Keener in less than 15 minutes, and filming and editing took less than 10 one hour photo prints. Directed by Jason Keener with amazing cinematography by Jeremiah Ledbetter, The Devil's Music is not to be missed.

Click here to understand more.

Click here to download.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

ono

1) I can't download the file.  You need to find a better host than that.
2) You're kidding, right?  That site "explaining" the premise is almost as mind-numbing as http://www.timecube.com/.  I thought I'd seen it all.  But calling Christian rock "satanic" -- that's a new one.  A new crock of shit, but a new one, nevertheless.

Keener

Quote from: Donamatopoeia1) I can't download the file.  You need to find a better host than that.

It still seems to be working fine.
Alabama Film Forum

ono

This is what everyone else sees.  And it doesn't let you download the file.

Pubrick

hav u tried right-clicking and Save Target As?
under the paving stones.

Keener

^that is what you have to do.
Alabama Film Forum

pete

it's pretty funny, but I really liked that Jesus Freak album.  And I'm glad you didn't mention Jars of Clay.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Keener

Quote from: peteit's pretty funny, but I really liked that Jesus Freak album.

Grammatrain is one of my favorite bands.
Alabama Film Forum

ono

That did it.  Thanks, P.

Okay, this is just really bad.  Problem is, we don't know what you're trying to be/do with this.  Are you serious, and do you actually believe what the film is trying to say?  Or are you mocking it?  Either way, bad acting, bad camerawork, horrible special effects.  There has to be some truth in an idea for you to be able to send it up like you're doing here, yet no one in their right mind would actually believe this for a second.  I'm trying to think of where else this could've gone wrong, and I'm thinking of Guest and the like, and I can't really put my finger on it.  Because he can take an idea that has no foundation in reality and send it up because of his talent in doing that kind of thing.  Like with the color religion in A Mighty Wind, for one thing.  Your film goes wrong, I think, because it makes an untrue claim about something real.  Guest makes claims about fictional things.  And since we don't know firsthand about these things (like the color religion), we can buy into them.

I admire when anyone tries to make a movie, so I'm not trying to detract from the effort.  But it's not something that should be done on a whim.  That's what this was, and it shows (you said it was written in 15 minutes -- try 20 next time).  It's only when you've really sat down and tried to bang out a feature-length script that you realize how much effort it takes to write something GOOD.  The "tattoo" drawn on a sheet of notebook paper was so sad it almost made me crack a smile.  Almost.  Maybe the joke's on us, 'cause, hey, you got us to download it.

Keener

Alabama Film Forum