Farrelly Brothers

Started by Spike, September 22, 2003, 08:08:38 AM

Reel

Quote from: tpfkabi on June 21, 2012, 10:46:03 AM
It's odd to me that he's not saying there is a weak script, or that they had a disagreement, but that the studio doesn't seem interested. I wonder if that means they won't pay him enough.

I know, right? He's not looking for Farrelly brothers money anymore.

tpfkabi

Jeff Daniels was on Ferguson last night and was asked about it. I didn't seem like it's totally over yet. He said he thought it was happening until two days ago and that Jim was upset and had a right to be. He said himself, Jim and the Farrely's all want to do it. He said Jim's people had a list of people to call. That's about the best I can explain. Maybe the interview is already online somewhere.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

That's such an odd reason to pull out of a movie that it must be a stunt to get more money, a la Jennifer Lopez.

Sleepless

For some reason I've been thinking bout this in the back of my mind for the past two days...

2012-era Carrey + 2012-era Ferrellys not happening = probably for the best
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

72teeth

you may say im a dreamer i guess...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Imagine there's no sequels.  It's easy if you try.
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

:therethere:

that looks way more inuendous than i remember...

but boy if it doesnt cheer me right up..!

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Sleepless

Latest Dumb & Dumber sequel update, courtesy of Empire:

Dumb & Dumber 2 Plot Plan Outlined
Bobby Farrelly says it'll shoot in 2013

Though chatter broke in June that Jim Carrey had decided to ditch the Dumb & Dumber sequel, largely because he was concerned the studio wasn't supporting it, no one told Peter and Bobby Farrelly. The directors are still pushing full speed ahead on the film, and Bobby is now talking up the status and plot of the movie.

According to Farrelly, the real sticking point has been the leads' schedules, especially since Jeff Daniels is now committed to shooting the second season of Aaron Sorkin's show The Newsroom. "We were hoping to shoot it very soon - this fall - but that didn't come to pass because of scheduling conflicts. Jeff has a successful TV show over here now so we have to work around that. We are planning on shooting it this coming spring and hopefully it will be out by next fall. That's the plan and that will be our next movie, we've already written the script. We're very anxious to get back in business with those two guys."

So what can we expect from Lloyd Christmas (Carrey, assuming he's still aboard) and Harry Dunne (Daniels) this time around? "I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them and it's 20 years later. The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child. They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."

From the sounds of it, we'll be getting at least one stupid offspring in the mix. With a script co-written by Bennett Yellin, Sean Anders and John Morris, we may yet see this thing made.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

MacGuffin

'Dumb And Dumber To' Proves No-Brainer For Universal; Studio Locks Deal For Farrellys, Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels Pic
BY MIKE FLEMING JR | Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has closed a deal for domestic distribution on Dumb And Dumber To, the sequel to the classic comedy that brings back Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, with Peter and Bobby Farrelly directing their rewrite of the script by Sean Anders and John Morris. Wolf Of Wall Street financier Red Granite is stepping up to finance the $35 million budget film and sell foreign territories. Deadline reported this is how it would likely go after Warner Bros finally stepped away from the project, after hovering over it like a dark cloud since January. That studio will retain a participation stake in the film, but its exit made all this possible.

All this is going down as we speak, and now the scheduling will begin for a movie that will find its way into production very quickly, with Conundrum's Bradley Thomas and The Farrellys producing with Charlie Wessler. The film will be PG-13 like the original, and once again it puts Lloyd (Carrey) and Harry (Daniels) back on a road trip. The urgency has to do with scheduling: Daniels needs to do it soon before returning for his Aaron Sorkin HBO series The Newsroom. Carrey also has that bank heist comedy at Relativity with Jared Hess directing and Owen Wilson co-starring. For physical comedy fans, this is a real win. The package was put together by CAA and WME, and attorneys Cindy Farrelly Gesner and Peter Grossman repped the Conundrum troika.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks