Essential 80's songs

Started by Ernie, April 07, 2003, 03:09:04 PM

Ernie

Hey, I listen to a lot of corny 80's stuff and I assumed I'm not the only one on the site that does with PTA putting so much of it on his soundtracks. So, I wondered what some of your guys favorite songs from the decade were. I plan on downloading all of them...I want to get into some more of the stuff, I think it's awesome. So don't list bands please, just songs...only the best ones too if you can...just so I don't have to filter through the decent ones.

Sigur Rós

Yazoo - Situation (the best!! :-D )
Madness - Our House
Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
Adam Ant - Stand And Deliver
Herbie Hancock - One Night in Bangkok
New Order - Blue Monday
The Smiths - Unhappy Birthday
David Bowie - Let's Dance

....I could go on all night!  :wink:

Jeremy Blackman

80s =  :yabbse-thumbdown:

except for the Safety Dance

Cecil

Love Will Tear Us Apart, Walk Like an Egyptian, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, You Spin Me Round (Like a Record), When In Rome, sex (i'm a...), Tarzan Boy, Lies, Cars, The Politics Of Dancing, I Wanna Be A Cowboy, And She Was, Girls just wanna have fun, HEAD OVER HEALS, Sweet Dreams Are Made of This, Obsession, Mothers talk, Don't Go, Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Rosanna, Notorious, She Bop, Safety Dance, (Keep Feeling) Fascination, Bizarre Love Triangle, Tainted Love, What's On Your Mind, Goody Two Shoes, Our House In The Middle of the Street, Pop Goes The World, Lean on Me(remix), rock me amadeus

80s rock

Pedro

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman80s =  :yabbse-thumbdown:

:yabbse-thumbup:

Sigur Rós

Safety Dance??

We can dance.....We dance...nananana....???

neatahwanta

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman80s =  :yabbse-thumbdown:

yup.....the only thing that saved the 80's was Guns 'N fuckin' Roses.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: neatahwantayup.....the only thing that saved the 80's was Guns 'N fuckin' Roses.

Don't be so negative! Show some love. I love you man!  :oops:

moonshiner

the thing that saved the eighties was Bruce Springsteen (i'm not talking about Dancing in the Dark)....also, the eighties goth-rock, Smiths, Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen...bands that are huge influences in today's music.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

neatahwanta

Quote from: moonshineralso, the eighties goth-rock, Smiths, Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen...bands that are huge influences in today's music.

worst....music....ever.

phil marlowe

Quote from: moonshinerbands that are huge influences in today's music.
pixies more than any.

Jeremy Blackman

Queen: the anti-80s 80s band.

Sleuth

AC/DC kept doing their thing in the 80s
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanQueen: the anti-80s 80s band.
why that? ...queen only had moments in the 70s by the way, the 80s stuff sounds like bon jovi.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Phil Marlowewhy that? ...queen only had moments in the 70s by the way, the 80s stuff sounds like bon jovi.

I think albums like "A Kind of Magic" and "The Works" are pure satire...

And I think "The Miracle" and "Innuendo" are pretty good...