Shrek 2

Started by edison, October 23, 2003, 12:49:11 PM

Alethia

just saw it.  cute.  basically the same as the first, to be honest.  some good laughs along the way, one brilliantly funny joke involving SPOILERS

catnip

modage

Quote from: themodernage02 two months agowatch the first 9 minute sof the movie there.  hey, whats with this new trend?  like, dawn of the dead is showing the first 10 minutes on usa or someplace soon and now that thing is showing theirs online.  is this good or bad?
Watch the First Five Minutes of Shrek 2!
Source: DreamWorks Pictures Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Eager to see what all the buzz is about? We gave Shrek 2 a rating of 9 out of 10, and now you can see the first five minutes of the film online. We've got the clip here in QuickTime, Windows Media and Real player format. http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/s/shrek2.php
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

I liked it. It was cute and creative. I thought the first one was funnier, but this had some funny stuff too.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ono

Banderas and Timberlake Share Emotional Moment
Antonio Banderas was so moved while watching his eagerly-anticipated new movie Shrek 2 with Justin Timberlake, he ended up sobbing and holding hands with the pop hunk. The Spanish actor viewed the animated film at France's Cannes Film Festival last week as he sat in between Timberlake and the 'N Sync star's girlfriend Cameron Diaz, who also adds her vocals to the production. Banderas says, "I was kind of crying at the end of the thing. It was kinda funny because there's is a very romantic moment at the end of the movie. My character says, 'I wanna cry,' and I was crying. Cameron Diaz was (to the left) and Justin Timberlake was (to the right), and he said to me, 'I'm crying too!' So we held hands for a while. Cameron was just looking over there (thinking), 'These guys, what are they doing?'"
~IMDb.com

Okay.

El Duderino

i just came back and i thought it was really funny. Puss in Boots was great, Antonio did a great job. i liked the [SPOILERS] mission impossible spoof with pinnochio and ladie's underwear[/SPOLERS] i give it 4/5
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

matt35mm

Really well done.

The animation and quality of the rendering was BRILLIANT!  A big step above the first Shrek in terms of that, which was also very good looking.

Jennifer Saunders was so great.

I wouldn't say that this has that big of a shot at the Palme D'Or, but it's pretty damn good anyway.

(And shoot, Troy cost over $200 million and it's already gonna get its ass kicked by Shrek, which will probably have a lot more staying power)

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: QuoyleI liked it. It was cute and creative. I thought the first one was funnier, but this had some funny stuff too.

I agree.

Quote from: matt35mmThe animation and quality of the rendering was BRILLIANT! A big step above the first Shrek in terms of that, which was also very good looking.

I agree.

Quote from: ewardone brilliantly funny joke involving SPOILER DELETED

Funniest thing in either movie.

Overall it was good but the Incredibles trailer kind of stole the thunder from Shrek.  VIVA LA PIXAR!

El Duderino

SHREK 2 BEATS POKEMON IN THE RANKINGS FOR OPENING WEDNESDAY
Source: E! News

According to BoxOfficeMojo, Shrek 2 took in an early estimate of $11.8 million for its opening day. Beating out Pokemon: The First Movie (10.4 M) and just below Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines (12.4 M) for opening Wednesday single day grosses. Here's a clip from the E! news article:

Brandon Gray of the ticket-tracking site BoxOfficeMojo.com, predicted a $60 million Friday-Sunday opening weekend for Shrek 2 and a five-day (Wednesday-Sunday) gross of about $84 million.

The original Shrek took in $42.3 million in its first three days of release in May 2001. It went on to score $267.7 million--its year's third-biggest moneymaker.

Gray said Shrek 2 should live up to its birthright, and avoid a Van Helsing (i.e., a precipitous fall at the box office following a big opening weekend) as the summer wears on.

"It has a shot at outgrossing the first movie," Gray said. "It will have longer legs than most sequels."

Still, it'll have a ways to go to become the top-grossing animated film of all-time, with Finding Nemo's $339.7 million being no easy catch.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

matt35mm

Quote from: Brandon Gray via El Duderino's PostGray said Shrek 2 should live up to its birthright, and avoid a Van Helsing (i.e., a precipitous fall at the box office following a big opening weekend) as the summer wears on.
A Van Helsing?  Dude, what about Troy?  Troy didn't even have a full week at the top!  Troy had about 5 days (it opened Friday and is now being whooped on Wednesday).  Plus, Van Helsing didn't cost over $200 million.

Poor Troy.

Sleuth

That's what happens when you fuck with Aronofsky
I like to hug dogs

matt35mm

Took me a little while (four hours), but I got it now.   :wink:

Sleuth

it doesn't really make sense if you look at it from the Jackman/Van Helsing angle, though
I like to hug dogs

A Matter Of Chance

...i still don't get it...

matt35mm

Brad Pitt was signed on to Aronofsky's new project, The Fountain, and they were just about to start shooting when Brad Pitt decided to leave and do Troy instead.

Chest Rockwell

I went, I saw, I liked.