what dvd from your collection are you most proud of?

Started by cron, December 21, 2003, 01:49:28 PM

cine

Quote from: samsongi'll go with Sunrise.
I shall be joining you with this opinion very soon.  :twisted:

socketlevel

the best/rarest DVD i have is a limited edition print of Army of Darkness by anchor bay.  it's limited to 3000 copies and numbered on the back.

for personal reasons i guess i was really proud of my "they live" dvd but they have since re-released it.  Fuckers didn't put on the commentary with carpenter and piper though, eventhoug it's been recorded.

i guess i love my kubrick box set too. and george washington criterion.

well...  come to think of it, every single criterion i own i feel very proud of.  i'm a fucking geek, no need to mention it.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

bonanzataz

my first dvd was "the mummy" (i think). i am most proud of my lost highway widescreen 5.1 sound from germany, my wild at heart from japan, my eraserhead from dl's website, my bjork music videos, and the 20 criterions that my friend gives me for free (i just got le cercle rouge and the antoine doinel box set...ROCKIN!). and all the free dvd's that accidentally got shipped to my house.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Memento Special Edition was my first DVD.  It has seen the most play of all my DVD's therefore.  The tie for second is Nosferatu and Kung Pow.

But the DVD that means the most is Punch Drunk Love because the release date kept getting pushed back and I almost went insane waiting for the bastard.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

taz, you seriously get those dvd's for free?  i had to pay SHITLOADS of money for those two babies.

SHITLOADS is the operative word here.
context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

Where do you guys get these signed editions? I'd like singed copies of a few of mine. But my coolest DVD is probably my Korean Region 0 Mulholland Drive. My first was Braveheart, though it was actually given to me. The first I bought was the Region 1 Mulholland Drive, actually. I'm probably most proud of having Boogie Nights, because my parents actually forbade me from seeing it, so it feels daring to have it sitting there in its bright orange, conspicuous packaging.

bonanzataz

:!:
:shock:  - DOOOOOOHHH!!!!

you just wanted the pta fanboys to get riled up, ya big jerk!

(i have one too... but it's ultra ghetto. i made it myself.)
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pookiethecat

Quote from: Chest RockwellMy first was Braveheart, though it was actually given to me. The first I bought was the Region 1 Mulholland Drive, actually. I'm probably most proud of having Boogie Nights, because my parents actually forbade me from seeing it, so it feels daring to have it sitting there in its bright orange, conspicuous packaging.

haha, exactly the same with me- on both accounts.  braveheart was the first dvd i ever got- from  my parents for xmas.  i think my parents hate that i have boogie nights because for a long time, they wouldn't let me see it (and probably rightfully so), but i bought it with my own dough so they can't really object.

i've made it a point to only buy dvds that not only i'm proud of, but that i would watch many times.

from bitter tears of petra von kant to deep blue sea, these are movies that i love and can defend intellectually.  the best dvd in my collection is magnolia, hands down.  but i'm proud of em all.
i wanna lick 'em.

socketlevel

dido with the fanboy comment.  who gives a shit about those videos, there is much better shit out there then that release.  maybe if there was a pta audio commentary track that would be a different deal.
the one last hit that spent you...

Gamblour.

Quote from: pookiethecat
Quote from: Chest RockwellMy first was Braveheart, though it was actually given to me. The first I bought was the Region 1 Mulholland Drive, actually. I'm probably most proud of having Boogie Nights, because my parents actually forbade me from seeing it, so it feels daring to have it sitting there in its bright orange, conspicuous packaging.

haha, exactly the same with me- on both accounts.  braveheart was the first dvd i ever got- from  my parents for xmas.  i think my parents hate that i have boogie nights because for a long time, they wouldn't let me see it (and probably rightfully so), but i bought it with my own dough so they can't really object.

i've made it a point to only buy dvds that not only i'm proud of, but that i would watch many times.

from bitter tears of petra von kant to deep blue sea, these are movies that i love and can defend intellectually.  the best dvd in my collection is magnolia, hands down.  but i'm proud of em all.

It was very awkward when my parents would walk into the room and I was watching Boogie Nights, but paused on the part where Dirk is banging Amber...I felt so dirty with them nearby.

DVD I'm most proud of is either my Hitchcock Criterion box or my PDL dvd, I love the way the PDL dvd looks, and the Hitchbox is my first of any films from him, plus they're going oop soon.
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: socketleveldido with the fanboy comment.

Quote from: taz.you just wanted the pta fanboys to get riled up, ya big jerk!

thank you.

mogwai