Cool struts or walks

Started by Gamblour., August 14, 2003, 05:27:50 PM

Gamblour.

I think Mastroianni's little stride as he tries to get away from the producers in the hotel lobby in 8 1/2 is the shiat. Plus, Benicio del Toro's dance as he tries to run away from the cops in the Usual Suspects. Pretty funny, I like to imitate it, though I feel a little effeminate. Also, who could beat Barry Egan's grocery store shuffle (I'm sure it's not really a shuffle, just trying to alliterate).
WWPTAD?

Lucinda Bryte

I'm the number one fan of the girl who dances on the roof car in Blue Velvet.

:-D

Sleuth

While we're on the subject of Benicio Del Toro

The Way of the Gun:  I think it's in the kidnapping at the beginning, he fires off a few rounds with his shotgun and then does this totally badass walk-away.  Just see it.
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Marilyn Monroe in "Some Like It Hot" when she struts down the train platform. So sexy it makes Jack Lemmon say, "Look at that! Look how she moves! That's just like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"

Also Ratso Rizzo's 'rocks-in-the-shoe' walk in "Midnight Cowboy". Couldn't think of that character without that limp.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffinMarilyn Monroe in "Some Like It Hot" when she struts down the train platform. So sexy it makes Jack Lemmon say, "Look at that! Look how she moves! That's just like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"

That has gotta be my favorite too. I read in this GREAT book called Cult Movie Stars that she would practice it for HOURS in private. I couldn't even tell, it looks very natural.

SoNowThen

i like the way paul bettany walks in gangster number one.

and the way claudia cardinale comes out of the forest in 8 1/2
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ernie

Quote from: SoNowTheni like the way paul bettany walks in gangster number one.

and the way claudia cardinale comes out of the forest in 8 1/2

I have seen Once Upon a Time in the West but for the life of me, I cannot remember this Claudia girl you've been talking about, I don't know why I can't picture her face at least. I saw it a long time ago but a girl this beautiful seems like she would have been pretty etched in my mind...it's weird. I keep trying to think. I'm dying to see the movie again.

SoNowThen

See 8 1/2, or The Pink Panther, or Big Deal On Madonna Street.

She's in those.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ernie

Quote from: SoNowThenSee 8 1/2, or The Pink Panther, or Big Deal On Madonna Street.

She's in those.

Oooooook, The Pink Panther...I remember her in that, ok, cool.

Are we taking over xixax or what? We have like 3 or 4 different simultaneous conversations going on here in different threads, lol.

Jeremy Blackman

Nathan Lane as John Wayne in "The Birdcage"...

NEON MERCURY

the people in resovior dogs down the street.walking........
terrance stamp in front of the brick wall in the limey.walking.........

dont' know any struts......

Gamblour.

Oh yeah, can't forget Corky St. Clair trying to 'groove' in Waiting for Guffman. And Ron Livingston handing off the disk in Office Space, pretty fucking cool.
WWPTAD?

Cecil

john travolta - saturday night fever

ShanghaiOrange

I always liked the way Steve Buscemi limps out of the cabin before he's killed in Fargo.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***