Ambulance Ltd.

Started by bonanzataz, August 28, 2005, 07:43:56 PM

bonanzataz

I was going to post this in the Now Playing thread, but I was too afraid it would get lost in all that mass confusion 230 pages nonsense! I mean, geeze! Anyway...

their debut self-titled album. it came out last year. i did a search and found no thread, not even a post. So here's their long overdue thread. i know there's a fan out there somewhere that can tell me where i've heard that song "anecdote" before. i like this band. does that make me a lame pussy? i don't know. give them a listen and tell me.

ps - they do a great cover of the velvet underground's "ocean" on this album
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

i don't know where you heard anecdote, but that's my favorite song on the album.  i actually had it downloaded forever ago but don't have it anymore.  i think i might look into re-getting it though.  i was kinda digging them and then i saw them open for somebody and the dudes kinda creeped me out and then i didn't feel like listening to them anymore.  it is a pretty good cd though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

That first single "Primitive (The Way I Treat You) is just godawful. the first bit of the song (before he starts singing those ridiculous lyrics) sounds really cool reversed. the song "Stay Where You Are" initially made me interested in them and its a great song, but like pitchfork said its their singer doing his best Elliott Smith impression...and that sounds about right. I'm not going to write off the whole album because i haven't heard it but after i heard "Relax. Don't think about. The way i  treat you" i decided that maybe this album isn't for me...what are some standout tracks? if there are any
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche