Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Recce

Yeah, but that was a month ago. A lot can happen in a month, dude.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RecceYeah, but that was a month ago. A lot can happen in a month, dude.

Not when an SE is just an urban myth.

©brad

Something tells me we will get a Martin Scorsese commentary for the Gangs DVD. I feel it in my bones...

Has anyone listened to his commentary for The Last Temptation of Christ? Better yet, has anyone even seen The Last Temptation of Christ?

Ghostboy

I love Last Temptation Of Christ, and I love it even more with the commentary track. That's one of the few tracks I've listened to repeatedly...probably once a year, in fact. It makes me love the movie even more, and also helps me forgive some of its problems (the NY accents).

phil marlowe

Hey! NY accents in ancient Israel are cool.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dSomething tells me we will get a Martin Scorsese commentary for the Gangs DVD. I feel it in my bones...

Has anyone listened to his commentary for The Last Temptation of Christ? Better yet, has anyone even seen The Last Temptation of Christ?

I have, fucking gnarly movie.

moonshiner

Quote from: MacGuffin6/10 is the date that's apparently being targeted). If everything holds together, that same day you can expect Solaris as well.

Soderbergh's website slates Solaris for an April release date(TBC)?
How do you explain that one, MacGuffin? :evil:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

Quote from: moonshinerSoderbergh's website slates Solaris for an April release date(TBC)?
How do you explain that one, MacGuffin? :evil:

Quote from: moonshiner(TBC)

Quote from: MacGuffinapparently
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

moonshiner

MacGuffin, where'd you get your information from, April to June is a big jump.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

Quote from: moonshinerMacGuffin, where'd you get your information from, April to June is a big jump.

What happened to 'lighten up'? Mr. Moonshine, no one here is more full of hot air than I am...literally.

The Digital Bits had the June date.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

moonshiner

i'm not worthy, i'm not worthy.....i lamed out, i was all set, calling you out but i had a change of  heart....you are probably just bitter that you have to do everybody's running around for release dates and what-not. and lastly, i guess in all my anticipation to see Solaris a possible June release date pisses me off.  Sorry i dumped on ya.

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

Just in from New Line Home Entertainment is a June 3rd release date for About Schmidt, featuring Best Actor and Best Supporting actor hopefuls Jack Nicholson and Kathy Bates. This one comes with an anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital and DTS 5,1 surround tracks, deleted scenes, an alternate opening sequence featuring the "Woodmen Tower," the "Perceptions of the Film from the Editorial Staff" featurette, and the trailer. Retail will set you back $27.95.

After over a year-long wait, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has finally announced a June 3rd arrival for a new three-disc special edition of Ridley Scott's acclaimed war epic Black Hawk Down. This one comes fully loaded with a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks (no DTS option is provided), plus tons of extras. Disc one sports three audio Mark Bowden and screenwriter Ken Nolan, and a third track with various U.S. Special Forces veterans. Disc two includes the documentary "The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down in six parts ("Getting It Right," "Crash Course," "Battlefield: Morocco," "Hymn to the Fallen," "Digital Warriors" and "After Action Report"), 8 Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary, a production design archive, storyboards with commentary, "Ridleygrams" also with commentary, an Opening Title exploration, more still galleries, and Bruckheimer's own Black Hawk Down Photo Album. Disc three throws in even more: "The History Channel Presents: The True Story of Black Hawk Down" and "PBS Presents: Frontline: Ambush in Mogadishu" TV specials, an Interactive Mission Map/Timeline, "Target Building Insertion" multi-angle sequence with optional commentary, BAFTA Q&A sessions with Scott, Bruckheimer and actors Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Jason Isaac, Mark Bowden and Tom Matthews, a Editor's Guild tribute to Pietro Scalia, an American Cinematheque Q&A with Bruckheimer and Scott, the "Gortoz A Ran - J'Attends" music video, a theatrical poster gallery, and theatrical trailers. Yikes! Retail for this puppy retails for $39.95.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Rudie Obias

Quote from: MacGuffin

Also:
Before Spike Jonze directed the quirky and acclaimed Adaptationa dn Being John Malkovich, his originality and humor first surfaced in music videos and other projects that can now be seen together for the first time. A new directors' series of three DVDs from Palm Pictures will spotlight Jonze's past work and the music videos, commercials and short films that defined two other ground-breaking directors: Michel Gondry and Chris Cunningham. Launching in August, the discs will be packed with special features such as interviews, storyboards, alternate versions, documentaries and commentaries that will give special insight into the directors' styles. The Jonze disc will contain, among other things, music videos for the award-winning Fatboy Slim "Weapon Of Choice," Bjork's "It's Oh So Quiet," Weezer's "Buddy Holly," and the Beastie Boys' "Sagotage." All will also include artist commentaries.

i wish more music video directors would do this.  i know hype williams has one.  i would love to have a dvd collection of jonas akerlund and roman coppola music videos.  i can dream, can i?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

sphinx

Specs have rolled in for Walt Disney's The Lion King. This two-disc Platinum Edition release, due on October 7th, will feature a THX-Certified anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround audio. The film itself will be presented in two different version: the original theatrical release and an extended edition including the newly-animated number "Morning Report" originally created for the Broadway show. Disc 1 extras include The Making of The Morning Report, 3 deleted scenes (Bug Football, Hakuna Matata and Warthog Rhapsody), an all-new music video, a sing-along track, and set-top games (The Lion King Personality Profile, Rafiki's Three Gourd Monty, Timon's Grab-A-Grub, and Pumbaa's Sound Sensations). Additional features over on disc 2 include: Disney Animals (learn how real animals inspired these animated Lion King characters hosted by Roy Disney); Storymaking Magic (the fascinating origin and influences behind the story of The Lion King); behind-the-scenes footage; Character design; Computer design; African art inspiration; exclusive interviews with Sir Elton John and Tim Rice; a virtual safari with tour guides Timon and Pumbaa; Behind the scenes of the award-winning Broadway hit musical; an exclusive interview with Julie Taymor; explore masks, costumes, people and puppets; Lion King music videos; the African influence; and much more. Retail is $29.99.

bonanzataz

Fuck Lion King. Where's the Sleeping Beauty disc they said would be here on the Lilo and Stitch DVD?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls