Movies you've seen the most often

Started by Pas, June 08, 2003, 06:37:21 PM

Pas

What are they, and how often have you seen them ?

Surprisingly, mine are not especially my favorites, in fact I have no idea why I watch them so often. Go figure.

Groundhog Day -> 15 times approx. (most of them when I was between twelve and fourteen y.o)
Office Space ->15 times at least
BASEketball -> 10 times  :roll: (what can I say...)
Royal Tenenbaums -> 5 times, maybe more
Mullholland Drive -> Rented it 4 times now, don't own it yet (I wonder why)
High Fidelity -> Maybe 10 times
Clerks -> A lot of times, but something like 5 times in the first two weeks cause I had all my friends watching it. I was 16, don't flame me :-)
The Postman -> Yes, the one with Costner. More than I should, like 10 times or so. Love this character  :roll:

Can't think of others, but there probably are a lot ...

Steeeeeeeve Perry

Sleuth

I don't think I will ever watch a movie more times than I watched the Lion King with one of my friends when it first came out on video.

But besides that, it's got to be Requiem for a Dream.
I like to hug dogs

pookiethecat

bedazzled- around 10 times- all on cable (i swear hbo has a channel that only plays that movie)
last of the mohicans- probably 16 times
magnolia- around 10 times from beginning to end.  many many other times watching chunks of the film.  the magnolia diary at least 5 times from beginning to end, many other times watching chunks.
little mermaid- at least 20 times, beginning to end. still one of my favorite movies ever.
beetlejuice- sooo many times, numbers can't even assess the sheer quantity.  
what about bob- a gazillion times.

that about sums it up.  most are from my early childhood.  not using that as an excuse, simply a statement of fact.  i'm proud that i liked most of those movies.   i was never into barney.  

booth- groundhog day is awesome. "ned!  ned nyserson!"  i've seen that movie countless times too.
i wanna lick 'em.

Xixax

Man, too many to count.

Phantasm (the first one): Over 100 times.
Hollywood Knights: 50 times at least
Blazing Saddles: 40-50 times.

So many others, but those are the ones that I wore out back when VCR's first came out.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

godardian

Magnolia. I saw it well over a dozen times when it was released, and it loves on in the DVD format...

Husbands and Wives. I'm not sure why. I just think it's a fucking great movie.

Mulholland Drive. Never ceases to entertain and enrapture.

Safe. The modern world. In a movie. Cuts so close to the heart of so many issues close to me, I can never resist its very considerable allure.

The Shining. For some reason, this is the Kubrick I watch the most. It's not my favorite, but it fits more varied moods, I suppose.

Those are the perennials that spring to mind right away... probably more later.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SHAFTR

Wizard of Oz:  i'm sure it is in the 100s
Dumb and Dumber:  numerous times
Chasing Amy / Clerks / Mallrats:  the 3 smith films I watch over and over
Stand by Me:  I've never rented nor do I own it, but I have seen it every time it is on tv.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Alethia

dazed and confused, ghostbusters, manhattan murder mystery, chasing amy, boogie nights and goodfellas, i also watch that moment alot

SoNowThen

Ghostbusters -- well over 30, lost count a long time ago

Glengarry Glen Ross -- could watch everyday if had time

Boogie Nights -- if you count w/ commentary, many fucking times

Band Of Outsiders -- 8, and I bought it half a year ago

Major League -- fav cheesy sports movie

Taxi Driver -- yes, I am a disturbed fuck.... I've seen this so many times in the last two years, so many, I'm not kidding, it's scary...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

bonanzataz

magnolia
the shining
the witches
hook
dumb and dumber
beetlejuice
edward scissorhands
what about bob
groundhog's day
royal tenenbaums
hedwig and the angry inch
scream
orgazmo
rushmore
forrest gump
wet hot american summer
pulp fiction
wayne's world
halloween
a nightmare on elm street
the sword and the stone

that's all i can think of now. you guys reminded me of a few.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Raikus

Donnie Darko - over 10
Blade - over 10
Leon - over 15
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - over 15
High Fidelity - over 20
Rocky Horror Picture Show - over 20
Chasing Amy - over 20
Army of Darkness - over 30
KITH: Brain Candy - over 30
MP & The Holy Grail - over 30

There's plenty more I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Duck Sauce

Boogie Nights
Requiem for a Dream
Toy Story 2

Pubrick

10+
Life of Brian
wayne's world
charlie's angels
ben hur, ten commandments
marty
half baked
shawshank redemption
breaking the waves
20+
batman
father of the bride
happy gilmore, billy madison
boogie nights
network
love and death
clockwork orange (first kubrick dvd owned)
30+
friday
the crow
Batman Returns
ridiculous number+
Lion King
every episode of the simpsons

i've wasted my life.
under the paving stones.

soixante

Once I get to 20, I start to lose track.  I don't think I've seen anything more than 30 times.  But here goes --

The 20+ Club:

MASH
Harold and Maude
The Sting
Mean Streets
Taxi Driver
Annie Hall
All That Jazz
Star 80
Dazed and Confused
Boogie Nights
Music is your best entertainment value.

penfold0101

My most watched, and I’m talking minimum of 30 watches are:-

Pulp fiction
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Reservoir dogs
Snatch
Lock Stock
10 Things i Hate About you
Starwars - new hope
Cannonball Run 1&2
Friday
Bring it on
Smokey and the Bandit
Groundhog Day
Boogie Nights
Holy Grail
Blade
Scream
Ghostbusters
Dogma

Most DVD’s I buy I will watch 3-5 times (unless its real bad)
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

chainsmoking insomniac

Ghostbusters-50+ (when I was just a wee lad)
Magnolia-20+
Boogie Nights-20+
Manhattan Murder Mystery-20+
Annie Hall-10+
Hard Eight-10+
Big Lebowski-10+
The Prophecy-10
Taxi Driver-10
Love and Death-9 or so
Alphaville-10
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls