The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on October 13, 2010, 11:03:27 AM
Wes and Jason Schwartzman shop for CDs and DVDs at Borders in 2008...

that 8min clip was as interminable as the film that bears this thread's name.
under the paving stones.

theyarelegion

check out this little tribute video on youtube I found for darjeeling. it would be the greatest trailer in the world for a film (albeit a key spoiler throughout) if it played in a theatre, check it out. I love the way it starts with the same shot it ends on w/darjeeling limited/train. i'm stoned right now so this all makes crystal clear sense to me, I just hope that all that makes crystal clear sense to you all too.

RegularKarate

Quote from: P on October 14, 2010, 03:01:19 AM
that 83min clip was as interminable as the film that bears this thread's name.

Alexandro

just watching the clip reminded me of what a tiresome experience that film is.

ElPandaRoyal

Well, keeping my courage from the Malick/Good Will Hunting thread, I here by state that this is one of my favorite movies of the past 10 years, and a deep emotional experience to me. Wes is becoming very unpopular in the past few years, and I can't say I don't understand that (his movies seem to be getting more and more peculiar and in a way very hermetic), but to me he still is one of the most interesting guys making movies these days.

It's funny how a couple of years ago, there was a bit of a polemic that started from something a critic wrote on a paper here in Portugal about Slumdog Millionaire. Something like this: 'When Wes Anderson went to India to make his movie, he could make us sense the spices and the aromas of the place, and Boyle can't do more than make us smell its shit.' In a sense, I can say pretty much agree with him.
Si

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Alexandro on January 07, 2011, 01:49:55 PM
just watching the clip reminded me of what a tiresome experience that film is.

Me too.  I could take about 0.52 seconds.  Blah.

picolas

i shot my computer in the motherboard after 0.009 seconds of that turgid bullshit. i just stood there, firing. it took several minutes before i realized that the chamber was long empty. the clicking sound still haunts me.

theyarelegion

once more with feeling, guys! joking aside, you all really loved it...right?

Alexandro

i don't think the film or the clip are turgid bullshit. but the film was exasperating to me.
loved fantastic mr fox though, i've seen 7 times. i'm not a wes anderson hater.

Sleepless

I don't think I made it to the minute mark of that clip. Didn't get the point of it. They're walking left to right, they're walking left to right, they're walking left to right, oh - walking right to left, they're walking left to right...

However, I do absolutely love the film. I think it's a fascinating mash-up of Wes' very stylized mise-en-scene and on the fly filmmaking. And yes, it had some very profound emotional impact on me too. As great as Rushmore and Tenenbaums are, for me, Darjeeling is my favorite film of his on a personal level.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.