another matrix thread (hot potato)

Started by sphinx, March 18, 2003, 06:31:10 PM

picolas

i hate all this fuckin' press about Revolutions talking about how much of a fuckin' disappointment Reloaded was. like its fuckin' become a bigger disappointment with time. it wasn't even that huge of a fuckin' disappointment with the critics who were actually fuckin' disappointed by it when it was being freshly reviewed..and that Entertainment Weekly shitbit goes on to talk about how the Brothers' whole career in Hollywood and film making and la LA LA DEE DOO is at stake if they don't 'wow.' audiences with this one like the didn't 'wow.' audiences with the last like how the last one was stupid. FUCK.

fuckin' hell, Mary.

Banky

i agree fuck assholes like that.  Its like one critic uses that as a springboard to talk about revolutions and now everybody is doing it.

Jake_82

your reality is at the end of your dream

picolas

has anyone here read THIS heavily well thought out theory??

WARNING:
COULD PROVE TO BE SPOILTASTICAL IF READ OR OTHERWISE INGESTED. POSSIBLY THE REAL DEAL, THOUGH ACTUAL SPECULATION.

fits really well, but i've found a few holes in it here and there.. anyone want to discuss their take?

all talk on this should be kept in the secret colour.

[.color=white.][./color.] (without the dots)

Anachronism

*******************************SPOILER(If for some reason you haven't seen "The Matrix," or "Reloaded")***************************

In my many travels I would have to say that the most comprehensive and definitive user's guide to the matrix (aside from two fantastic books, "Taking The Red Pill: Philosophy, Science and Religion in The Matrix," and of course "The Matrix and Philosophy") has been a gem of a site dedicated to revealing the layers of corruption and prescribed bullshit that we are inundated with today. The website itself is a fantastic read, but this article itself really got me going.

http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm

Just Withnail

Quote from: picolashas anyone here read THIS heavily well thought out theory??

WARNING:
COULD PROVE TO BE SPOILTASTICAL IF READ OR OTHERWISE INGESTED. POSSIBLY THE REAL DEAL, THOUGH ACTUAL SPECULATION.

fits really well, but i've found a few holes in it here and there.. anyone want to discuss their take?

all talk on this should be kept in the secret colour.

[.color=white.][./color.] (without the dots)

I just read through that guy's theories, and man were they heavy on the head. Right now I hope he's correct, and it seems to fit pretty well, but I can't help but think how dissapointed I'll be, come November, if he's wrong. Would be a kick major ass twist to the story.

Banky

i want to read it bad but im not going to.  "I Like To Go In Fresh!"

©brad

Quote from: picolashas anyone here read THIS heavily well thought out theory??

well i didn't read the entire thing b/c i didn't care much for the writer's arrogant 'im going to conquer this movie' attitude. however, this part-

This raises another logic problem: If we suppose *cows* were used in such a battery system, then why the fheck would you plug their brains into a VR simulation? You wouldn't. The same argument can be applied for the humans, then. Why not just keep your animals chemically sedated the whole while, or disable their higher brainfunction altogether and simply breed brainless bodies to harvest your energy from? There is absolutely no necessity for creating the VR world inside the Matrix -- unless, in your godly Robot rulership, you generously decided to keep the cattle entertained. ...Or yourself.
Think about that.

i thought about it for a minute after watching the first one, but doesn't it have to do w/ stimulating the brain and in doing that providing the machines w/ more power?

what makes me sad about ppl like this is their incessant efforts to find holes in movies, and in turn, ruining the experience. a plot hole in a movie has to be really big in order for the movie to sink, and in the matrix movies, u will find no such holes.

picolas

Quote from: ©bradwhat makes me sad about ppl like this is their incessant efforts to find holes in movies, and in turn, ruining the experience. a plot hole in a movie has to be really big in order for the movie to sink, and in the matrix movies, u will find no such holes.
naw, man.. he's making a brilliant theory. he's not trying to ruin it for anybody. well, in the spoil sense, maybe.. but he's interpreting things he considers out of place as clues. not major flaws in the series. at the end of the article, he praises the Wachowskis.

©brad

oh, well i guess i should read the whole thing, cuz i only skimmed it before. its just that everything i read came off really cynical, and it was all about pinpointing plot holes.

MacGuffin

Whether bullshit or not, it's interesting. Below is a link to what may or may not be the story outline for "Matrix Revolutions".

*AT YOUR OWN RISK - SPOILERS?*
http://www.xzaust.com/index.php?page=matrix
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

it's probably the real deal.. not that i've read it, but i hear it's amazing. and if they can link it all to images in the trailers, i believe it.

MacGuffin

Matrix Revolutions Commercial with More Footage!
Source: Code-Matrix  

The Code-Matrix has brought online a new 30-second commercial from The Matrix Revolutions which shows more footage from the highly-anticipated final installment! You can check it out

It's poor quality, but still worth checking out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

here are the links to 6 (SIX!) new spots, provided by our good friend sphinx.

ctrl

help

future

the end

power

enemy

Banky