What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

How is Straw Dogs? Everytime im in Best Buy, Im drawn to it from the badass cover... But then I set it down, and walk off.

chris

Sleuth

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooHow is Straw Dogs? Everytime im in Best Buy, Im drawn to it from the badass cover... But then I set it down, and walk off.

chris

Haha, I know exactly how you feel.
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

samsong

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooHow is Straw Dogs? Everytime im in Best Buy, Im drawn to it from the badass cover... But then I set it down, and walk off.

chris

Straw Dogs is one of three Peckinpah films that I've seen and is, in my opinion, his best work.  It's engulfing and incredibly well executed and features one of Dustin Hoffman's very best performances.  It's deeply thought provoking and disturbing as hell, demented and at the same time unsentimentally humane.  An incredible film to say the least... the DVD is one of Criterion's best releases to date and is one of my favorite DVDs.  In other words, get off your ass, stop walking passed it, and BUY IT.

Ghostboy

Straw Dogs is kinda like Irreversible, except a gazillion times better (and I liked Irreversible). The first time I saw it, I was convinced when the credits rolled that it was one of the five greatest movies ever made. Hyperbole, certainly, but it's definitely a great film. I don't know if this or The Wild Bunch is Pekinpah's best film, though -- I guess I'd have to say they're on par with each other, although I think if I was forced to I'd lean in favor of The Wild Bunch.

Link

I got Dawson's Creek: Season One (which is what I asked for).  Call me a girly boy, but I'm a sucker for the teenage romance, sex, and drama.

Gamblour.

Here's what I got from Santa:

The Third Man
This is Spinal Tap
Marathon Man
Best of Adam Sandler
" Chris Farley
" Will Ferrell
Three Colors Trilogy
Straw Dogs
Wrong Men and Notorious Women - 5 Hitchcock Thrillers
The Conversation

I'll be getting more later on tonight, hopefully some Wes Anderson stuff  :-D
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: LinkI got Dawson's Creek: Season One (which is what I asked for).  Call me a girly boy, but I'm a sucker for the teenage romance, sex, and drama.

John Lennon..... :oops:

Pedro

woke up early like the litte kid i am

look what i getted

and

mogwai

i bought this to my sister:

Disc 1:

101, a film by D.A. Pennebaker, Chris Hegedus, and David Dawkins

Commentary by band members and filmmakers (101 only)

Disc 2:

Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl, June 18, 1988

Exclusive interviews with Dave Gahan, Andy Fletcher, Martin Gore, Daniel Miller, and Jonathan Kessler

Interviews with the fans: Christopher Hardwick, Oliver Chesler, Jay Serken

Everything Counts: official promotional music video

ono

Thecowgoooesmooo

Among other dvds, Im watching this one right now... It features my twin brother, Cameron.

chris

bonanzataz

and don't forget vhs, either...

OR laserdisc...

i love christmas...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Pedro the Wombatyou don't get much better than this

Ohhh, good stuff. I have coming very close to buying this a couple times.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye