Superman: Man of Steel

Started by MacGuffin, February 24, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

polkablues

Against all odds, this looks pretty great.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

©brad

Kellen

Agree with all of you guys.  I just hope Snyder can pull this off.

modage

Into it. It inspired a little bit of awe.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

HeywoodRFloyd

I don't know if it's the music or the narration or the style in which it is shot but this trailer feels like Malick, or even a little like Gladiator.
Really looking forward to this now.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on December 12, 2012, 11:06:32 AM
I don't know if it's the music or the narration or the style in which it is shot but this trailer feels like Malick, or even a little like Gladiator.

I personally don't see it. But it definitely looks more "artistic" than other super-hero movies (Yes, even more than the Nolan ones)... That shot where the camera is attached to the bus as it falls into the river is fucking superb.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

polkablues

I think that actually is the Gladiator score in the trailer.

socketlevel

Really looking forward to this now.

agreed if this is what the film actually feels like.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Halfway through the trailer I forgot what being cynical felt like.

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on April 16, 2013, 10:10:31 PM
Halfway through the trailer I forgot what being cynical felt like.

Costner, right? That does it for me.

I watched this a few times and then went back to the Superman Returns trailer... I can see what this is trying to break away from... I really hope it does it right.

polkablues

Something about Costner and cornfields that's just meant to be.

Lottery

So I just saw this on Facebook.

It's looks really exciting and action-packed but fear that the trilogy (because there will be a trilogy) will lack a sense of escalation. This looks so apocalyptic and explodey that they can really only go equal or smaller from here. I guess that's the risk of having a Superman movie. I mean it's not necessary to always go bigger and bolder but for an action film with superheroes it certainly makes sense to, otherwise the later threat may seem less significant in comparison.