(Wes Anderson) Favourite line from a Wes film?

Started by Spike, October 09, 2003, 02:43:16 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, did somebody say my name?
context, context, context.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

classical gas

"I don't understand, did you pack your bags before you locked yourself out of your apartment?"

something like that...

meatball

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

"I'm just so tired of this BOTTLE ROCKET"

GoingUptheStairs

"We are the future!... and nothing can stop us."

Pubrick

"i'm just so tired of conventional syntax, i think i'll pursue the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou."
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

"My Canadian music collection isn't very eclectic; I need to listen to Rush more."
WWPTAD?

j_scott_stroup04

Rushmore:

When Bill Murray tells the kids to "Scatter!"

"I would've shot you in the other ear, but it got blown off a long time ago."

"I'm an alternate"

"Fisher, ya fuck!"

"One dead fingernail"

"So, this is where it all happens"  "What happens?"  "I wouldn't know"

"Well you can stick it up your motha's ass ya lil' prick!"

Royal Tenenbaums:

"Wildcats...pow! (that noise he makes)

"I know you asshole!"

"Stop belittling me"

Bottle Rocket:

"Why do you have that tape on your nose?"  "Exactly!"

"He looks like a little banana"

I'm sure there are some more, but I can't think of any right now
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

Gamblour.

I love the Royal Tenenbaums deleted scene at Eli Cash's:

"How'd she break her arm?" "I fell down the stairs with her."
WWPTAD?

mogwai

Crash

rushmore:

"Sure, central america and whatnot. but moving on:..."

"how'd the math test go? "what math test?" "i thought you had a math test today?" "no, did you turn in your paper on the Berlin Airlift?" "Yeah, I got an extension"

"how'd it go?" "i shook hands with her"

"i like your hat"

"Nihilo sanctum estne" "that's latin isn't it?"

"Sic transit gloria. Glory fades. I'm Max Fisher"

"Bugger off, Fischer. Ya bleedin' little bollocks." " Is that Latin?"
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

mind as well start transcripting all of his  scripts, because they all are indeed amazing.
context, context, context.

SoNowThen

Quote from: ®edlum"Most people know that Custor died at Little Big-Horn. What this book pre-supposes is: maybe he didn't?"

I don't know if anybody will ever write a line as funny as this (and have it delivered so perfectly) again.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.