Yes.

"Rapper's Delight" by Sugarhill Gang
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Wow, this is getting personal.

No.

No.

No.

Honestly I'm not huge on rap or hip-hop, but probably "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys. I know, boring choice. Also, something from The Go! Team or DJ Shadow might qualify.

polkablues

Either my psychic powers are faulty, or JB's lying on 3 out of 4 answers.  So I think I speak for everyone when I say stop lying, liar.

Jeremy Blackman

Yes.

No.

Yes.

"Rapper's Delight" by Sugarhill Gang

polkablues

I promise to only use my powers for good.

Pubrick

Are you kidding jb is pretty much the most sober guy who ever lived! He's practically a Mormon. I'm surprised he could even name a rap song.

No offence though bud.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 05, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
Wow, this is getting personal.

No.

No.

No.

Good for you, man! Seriously, you'll outlive us all. Maybe even get to see the next generations PTA.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 05, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
Honestly I'm not huge on rap or hip-hop, but probably "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys. I know, boring choice.

Nah, totally viable pick. If you don't crank that song when it comes on the radio in your car, you deserve to be shot.

It's only fair that I answer the ??'s I proposed.

YES of course to the first 3, and it's severely fucked up my life in every way imaginable. But, I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the Shepherd.

My favorite rap song currently also may seem very white boy and boring, but the Geto Boys Damn it feels good to be a gangsta which was featured in 'Office Space'. Just puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. I listen to the lyrics in the song like "Everything's cool in the mind of a gangsta, cuz gangsta ass ni**as think deep. Up 365 a year, 24/7 cuz real gangsta ass ni**as don't sleep." And I go, 'That's me! I'm a gangsta!'

I want to throw this question out to anyone, what's your favorite rap song these days? I think it's the 'these days' is important because we all have a different relationship to this music as we grow older, and it's slowly becoming a dying art form. So, it's important to know what still grabs you. Doesn't have to be new, but if you have found something good that's recent, please share. This music's been getting progressively shittier over the past decade...

Brando

More of a rediscovery but I caught Beats Rhymes and Life on TV and it's reminded me of my love for the entire Low End Theory album. If I had to pick one rap song it would be Nas' NY state of mind.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Reelist on August 05, 2012, 08:44:13 PM

1. ever done drugs?

2. ever smoked a cigarette?

3. ever drank a beer?

4. what's your favorite rap song?

1. "Never met a drug I didn't like" 

2. 1 or 2 in Highschool. I can't stand that fucking smell though.

3. I'm drinking one right now..

4. Here:

Now, my question:

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Reel

Regular Karate: What are your favorite and least favorite remakes?

Jeremy Blackman: How awkward was it seeing The Master with your sister?

Stefen: on a scale from 1 to 10, how much did you hate The Master?

Pubrick: Have you read the script or watched the 4 min clip yet? That clip is spoilerific.

oh, BTW cockatoo island is happening this wednesday. If you don't go, we are gonna spoil the scene where Dodd eats a baby for sustenance.

This is for whoever: Have you had to defend The Master to anyone outside of xixax yet?? I feel like I've had to explain 'why it's good' ever since the first teaser came out. Last night when I brought it up as one of the things worth going to the movies for my bud was like " That Movie is insanely mediocre, overlong and pointless " and I just couldn't fucking disagree more. He's entitled to his opinion, but I find it really disconcerting that people can dismiss it like that so easily. I shit on movies when I don't understand them, too. I like how it splits people down the middle, though. Another one of my faves, Punch Drunk Love, had that effect as well. I guess it speaks to why we go to the movies and what we're expecting to get out of them, and I'm glad that films like PTA's are always at the forefront of that debate.

Please SPOILER TAG your responses where necessary.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reelist on October 20, 2012, 12:15:59 PMJeremy Blackman: How awkward was it seeing The Master with your sister?

Slightly.

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on October 20, 2012, 12:15:59 PM
Pubrick: Have you read the script or watched the 4 min clip yet? That clip is spoilerific.

oh, BTW cockatoo island is happening this wednesday. If you don't go, we are gonna spoil the scene where Dodd eats a baby for sustenance.

i don't know what 4 min clip you're talking about and why would i read the script it has nothing to do with the movie.

cockatoo island can go fuck itself the tickets are $120 and you have to dress up too much, not to mention i would have to fly to sydney for this so called special event when only a day later it is showing in melbourne for much less in 70mm and PTA is doing a Q&A after. i couldn't get to melb in time for this oct 25th screening as it was too short notice, instead as noted in the actual thread i am going to see it in 70mm in december long after anyone gives a shit about the movie and even longer after dickhead ignorant critics and pretentious film "buffs" have already decided what the film is about and disseminated amateur interpretations that add up to fuck all.
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

SPOILER

Quote from: Reelist on October 20, 2012, 12:15:59 PM

This is for whoever: Have you had to defend The Master to anyone outside of xixax yet?? I feel like I've had to explain 'why it's good' ever since the first teaser came out. Last night when I brought it up as one of the things worth going to the movies for my bud was like " That Movie is insanely mediocre, overlong and pointless " and I just couldn't fucking disagree more. He's entitled to his opinion, but I find it really disconcerting that people can dismiss it like that so easily. I shit on movies when I don't understand them, too. I like how it splits people down the middle, though. Another one of my faves, Punch Drunk Love, had that effect as well. I guess it speaks to why we go to the movies and what we're expecting to get out of them, and I'm glad that films like PTA's are always at the forefront of that debate.

Please SPOILER TAG your responses where necessary.

I'd say it's not about plot, it's about story. It's about embracing the existential. but most of all it's about people: how they respond and influence each other; how they affect each other, helping and hurting (often in the same moment); how the path we're going down doesn't change but maybe... just maybe, we can accept it a little bit. it's about realizing the persuit of "being normal" is what makes us fucked up. the film is about facing the hardships of life and ones own accountability in it, and only then we can find some semblance of peace.
the one last hit that spent you...