Rufus Wainwright

Started by Pedro, January 12, 2003, 07:39:38 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca
Quote from: ono mo cuishleYes.

He was good.

I like Hallelujah.
his version kinda sucks

I think his version is pretty good, but Jeff Buckely has the best version of it.

What a talented, talented man.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

anyone heard Bob Dylan's live version of it?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bethie

Quote from: GhostboyYou all should check out his sister Martha. She's got a song called Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole (also the name of her EP) that's just great.

I have New York, New York, New York downloaded. It's the only song I've heard from her.

I was so mad that I missed Rufus' performance on Conan the other night. I kept hearing how cool it was, too.  grr

QuoteI think his version is pretty good, but Jeff Buckely has the best version of it.

oh, god yes.
who likes movies anyway

xerxes

anyone seeing him with ben folds this summer?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: xerxesanyone seeing him with ben folds this summer?

Plan on it.

Rufus had a fucking awesome set last time I saw him, but the crowd wasn't really paying much attention, getting up, walking around, talking loudly... really made me unhappy.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Redlum

His new single "Going to a Town" is the best thing I've heard on the radio for ages. The video for the song is really striking and worth a look....although some of the shots are a bit..."ascension".

I don't own any of his albums but I'm looking forward to his new one now. I guess the general consensus in this thread is that "Want One" is the best place to start.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ghostboy

I've got the new album, and I love the first track, but I haven't give the rest of it a fair shake yet. But yeah, Want One is a great way to start...that's what got me hooked, and it's still probably my favorite of everything he's done (although Want Two is also really amazing, and his early records are pretty great pop albums in their own right).