35mm Arri 3

Started by cowboykurtis, March 06, 2003, 03:01:43 PM

cowboykurtis

does any one know anything about  Arri 3 35mm motion picture cameras? they are mostly used to shoot high speed overcranked shots -- people usually dont shoot sync sound with them. i was wondering if they were crystal sync. i was just given one and want to shoot dialogue. is this possible? some say it is possible, however, do to the mechanics of the camrea body, it will be extremely loud. if any one knows anything it would be much appreciated.
...your excuses are your own...

Recce

Well, I don't reaslly know anything about 35mm cameras, but I been wanting to buy a mp3 recorder, hook up a decent mic to it and record sound on a seperate mini-disk. This probly won't really help you, unless you plan to transfer whjatever you shoot on digital later on for post, you could do it. As for the sound the camera makes, go independant style:Cover it with a towel.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

cowboykurtis

putting a towel over it definately cuts down the noise. i think the key is to have the mike as far away from the camera body as possible. i will have to shoot mostly longer lens shots so i can have some distance between the actors and the camera body -- allowing the mike to be hugging the frame line in the distance. we shall see.
...your excuses are your own...

aclockworkjj

Obviously too a shotgun mic will help, won't pick up as much from what's behind you.....

MacGuffin

Find a camera rental place in your area and give them a call or go down there. If you have to be sneaky about it (i.e. they won't help unless you intend to rent), just ask about the same model of your camera and it's capablities as if you are planning to shoot with that one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks