PTA plays baseball

Started by kotte, March 16, 2004, 02:55:58 AM

kotte

I don't know if it deserves its own thread but this is a good interview.

I would love it if he directed a broadway show. :)

and why god won't he tell us about his new project...but he's working on something, that's for sure.

Quotehttp://www.ptanderson.com/articlesandinterviews/pdl/james.htm

Stefen

great interview. can you imagine what a so and so written screenplay would look like directed by pta? or a pta written screenplay being directed by someone else. Crazyness. He mentions bill clinton. then bashes george bush, safe to say pta is a democrat. I wonder if this will turn into the pta politics thread.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

boombanglarrabee

"Maybe" he's not done writing it.    :wink:

modage

Quote from: boombanglarrabee"Maybe" he's not done writing it.    :wink:
Courtesy of James Yarmolinsky - 3/8/03

well either the date at the bottom is off a year, or its from a year ago and was just now submitted to the site.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

in the pta vs lars von trier interview he said that it takes him three years to write a script. whatta a liar.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Stefengreat interview. can you imagine what a so and so written screenplay would look like directed by pta?

yeah, he always said he'd never direct something he didn't write, but if PT can do it and do it credibly, without feeling bad about changing his credo, it would rule. Amen.

Duck Sauce

who will make another movie first

a) PTA
b) Francis Ford
c) Aronofsky

ono

Aronofsky and Coppola are at least WORKING on films that we have some sort of idea about.  PTA ... isn't.  And he's being incredibly secretive about any hints or guesses, other than the info that has been made known in one way or another.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck Saucewho will make another movie first

a) PTA
b) Francis Ford
c) Aronofsky

d) Malick
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Duck Saucewho will make another movie first

a) PTA
b) Francis Ford
c) Aronofsky

d) Malick

e)me

but hell, ghostboy's will be done before any of these mo'fos.

depooter

my bad. the date of this Q & A was 3/8/04. I'll fix that...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: StefenHe mentions bill clinton. then bashes george bush, safe to say pta is a democrat. I wonder if this will turn into the pta politics thread.
He did something similar in a German interview, which we were barely able to translate. But I don't think he's necessarily a "Democrat."

And I guess his friendship with Robert Altman should have been a clue.

Bethie

QuoteWhat are some of the perks of being a filmmaker that few people know about? (Let's say the Top Five Perks)

They give you a secret pass when you become a filmmaker that allows you to be above the law in all respects. In other words, I can murder someone and get away with it -- which comes in handy from time to time when someone disagrees with me.....I know that's not five....but it covers a lot of ground.

I'm looking forward to that 'perk.'  HA
who likes movies anyway

Myxo

Quote from: mogwaiin the pta vs lars von trier interview he said that it takes him three years to write a script. whatta a liar.

You are a liar.